Trash vs. Doin' the Trash

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The two Sesame Street disco albums, Sesame Street Fever and Sesame Disco, include different songs about trash, that I don't think were done on the show. "Fever" has "Trash" with Robin Gibb while "Disco" has Doin' the Trash with Oscar the Grouch. But which one do you all think is better?

It is a hard decision, as both songs are really good. Though the comparison is a bit like apples and chocolate candy (I don't like oranges).

Trash is a great song to listen to, though I can't decide if it's out of place or not. It feels right for a disco album, but it is weird to hear a song about ones love of trash without it being sung by Oscar, or another grouch, or a garbage man (when listening, I kinda feel like Robin Gibbs should be dressed in a mix of a disco suit and a garbage man uniform, maybe something like what Bruno wore in "Put It in the Trash Can"), but I also feel like it would have made a great track to include in a film insert about trash. I feel like it should have had a spoken-word conversation between Oscar and Robin Gibbs, either before or after the song.

Doin' the Trash sounds more like a grouch song, and it is a lot of fun as well. I feel the opening bars of music sound a little like Bein' Green.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I like them both, even though I've never had any idea as to what "Trash" is supposed to be about.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like them both, even though I've never had any idea as to what "Trash" is supposed to be about.
I thought it was about trash. About being so passionate about trash. And some of it seems to be about where you can find trash and how to handle it. And some of the lyrics suggest that the singer might have grown up poor so most of his toys were recycled from trash items.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I prefer "Doin' the Trash" cause I adore Oscar so much