vBulletin 3.0 Beta: Bug Reports

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This discussion is reserved for issues that you believe are bugs in the vBulletin 3.0 software. Please do not post in this discussion, unless you have a bug to report. If it is something that we can fix now, we will do so. Otherwise it will likely be fixed for our next upgrade in the near future.

If you just have questions about using vBulletin 3.0, please post in this discussion instead...

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?threadid=8188

If you have a bug to report, let us know exactly what you were doing before the bug happened, the error message you received, and what you tried to do to fix it. Were you able to repeat the error? Please also provide your operating system and browser type and version number.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
There was a breif moment when it wouldn't let me log on despite the fact that I was using the right name and password. Does that count as a bug?

Luke

Reaction score
I got one - the bit at the top of each forum page that says the thread title and the Welcome <Name> thing - sometimes it isn't aligning itself correctly in the browser window. Sometimes it's squashed up and the Welcome <Name> is in the middle of the page rather than on the right and sometimes if the thread title is long it aligns the words so they go down and make a massive big box rather than a little one with them going across.

anathema

Reaction score
I got a few bugs to report :smile:

- Having just visited 'user cp', I clicked on the 'Muppet Central Forum' link at the top of the control panel, and got a blank page. I went back, and tried the 'forum' link in the Flash menu, and got the same thing. Hitting 'reload' in my browser (eventually) brought the forum back up.

- Automatic Daylight Savings Time adjustment does not appear to be working.

- The page I'm typing this into right now appears to have a layout glitch: the entire page is displayed correctly including the Flash menu, but there's a white border along the top and right edges. After previewing this message, the border at the top has gone, but the one at the right remains.

Luke

Reaction score
The server time is off 14 minutes too !

anathema

Reaction score
Ok, further to my report of getting a blank page, I've done some more investigating.

I'm running Opera 6.05 on Win2K. If the browser identifies itself as Opera, all is fine until I log in. After this, I get a blank display. The page code is definitely being sent - I can view the source - it just won't render. If I tell the browser to identify itself as IE, however, the page renders. This is a common problem on the net, and almost invariably means that the server is generating browser-specific pages on-the-fly and making a mess of it.

Clearly Opera is quite capable of dealing with the page, so it's probably just a small tweak needed to vBulletin :smile: The older versions of vBulletin haven't done this.

Interestingly enough, the forum works just fine in IBrowse, despite the browser not supporting CSS!

towels

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not being patient enough, but the last couple of times I've entered the forums from the main page I've gotten a blank white screen (with Done down in the bottom bar). I hit refresh and it loaded fine.
I'm using IE 5.5

Drtooth

Reaction score
towels said:
Maybe I'm not being patient enough, but the last couple of times I've entered the forums from the main page I've gotten a blank white screen (with Done down in the bottom bar). I hit refresh and it loaded fine.
I'm using IE 5.5

It takes forever for me to type at one point...

the letters come o u t s l o w l i k e t h i s and sometimes they jumbleuptoghtrlkths....