The Tumbles P. Bear Project: Day One

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi gang,

This is long overdue, but due to popular demand (mostly from Bork Bork) I'm finally going to throw together my own puppet building "how-to". It'll be archived over at my old Geocities site.

I'm rebuilding an old puppet character named Tumbles P. Bear for a film project I want to get going this year. I've built several versions of Tumbles over the years, usually improving them as my puppet building skills improved. I'll post pics of the old puppets for comparison once I dig them out of storage next week.

I'll be posting regular updates (hopefully every day or so) in the "Puppet Building HELP!" board over at my Bear Town Forum.

BorkBork

Reaction score
This is exellent! It's great that you said that the edges of the wedges has to be perfectly strait. I had been planning on making the edges a bit rounded, but now that you say this i can imagin what it would look like, hehe.

Waiting for the rest of the guide :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually the edges of the wedge shape have should be rounded, but the cut edge (that is the 1/2" or 3/4" thickness of the foam actually cut by the blade) has to be straight. What I am trying to say is that, uh, the blade has to be held perfectly straight up and down as you cut....oh, ah, I'll figure out a better way to explain it later.....

BorkBork

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Actually the edges of the wedge shape have should be rounded, but the cut edge (that is the 1/2" or 3/4" thickness of the foam actually cut by the blade) has to be straight. What I am trying to say is that, uh, the blade has to be held perfectly straight up and down as you cut....oh, ah, I'll figure out a better way to explain it later.....
Oh..i think i got it :big_grin:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I fially found some 1/2" soft foam and was able to complete part two of the guide. Please forgive any grammatical errors as I just finished writing and it's 3 a.m. :sleep:

Night!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! That is really neat! I like the way you put together the arms. That's cool!

CB Boy

Reaction score
Yeah, `ya lazy beaver - when is day three coming? lol

fishbone

Reaction score
:smile: im so glad you arm making the bear,iam lost when it comes to making animals,are ducks buit the same way? :confused: