April Fools: Complete DVD collection sets coming this Fall

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Some of you might already know that a little over a month ago, I found an article talking about the 50th Anniversary of the Happiest Street in the World: http://www.licensingsource.net/its-a-brand-new-day-on-sesame-street/

Last night, I sent an email to Samantha Loveday (the author of the article), because I REALLY wanted to know what kind of products SW will be producing.

For obvious reasons, she didn't list everything that would be produced, but she did mention that there will be some DVD collection sets of ALL videos that were originally released by Random House.

Naturally this means we'll be getting "My Sesame Street Home Video", "Sesame Songs Home Video", "Sesame Street Start-to-Read", "Sesame Street Home Video Visits...", and "Sesame Street Specials" complete DVD collection sets, respectively! (And for anyone who's wondering, the "Specials" will consist of Big Bird in China, Big Bird in Japan, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Don't Eat the Pictures, Put Down the Duckie [with the Kermit and Oscar scenes], Sesame Street Celebrates Around the World, and Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration!) All of these DVD sets will come with bonus features, which we aren't allowed to know about right at this moment (except for the Pledge Drive break scenes in Put Down the Duckie/Sesame Street, Special)

Samantha also mentioned it's super likely that there will also be DVD releases of ALL home videos that haven't been released on DVD by now. (Which does include separate releases of those that are already on the DVD collection sets). In addition, she said if these all sell well, maybe, JUST MAYBE, SW will pull off the ultimate task of releasing complete Season sets of the series, or the complete series in one big set...so we all better start saving up like crazy!!!!

Hopefully within the next few months, we'll find what other products and stuff will come out for the 50th anniversary!!

Lastly, I shouldn't have to tell you all the downside about this info...right?

Last edited: