The Leslie Mostly Show with Guy Smiley

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm so glad to see that there is at least one Leslie Mostly scene outside of The Leslie Mostly Show. Though this role could have easily gone to Kermit or Guy Smiley.

I'm guessing that the CASA segment came either before or after the other segments we've seen. I'd like to think it was after.... As if to say Michael Earl performed the character a bit blandly, but eventually figured out a way to make her more interesting. I'd be surprised if it was the other way around (unless somebody felt she should be more calm and less excited).

Dantecat

Reaction score
The 1 with Cookie Monster is still on youtube in spanish from an episode of Barrio Sesamo.1 day we'll find the english version someday.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Program guides for seasons 11 and 12 recently surfaced online, and I saw in a guide for one season 11 episode (can't remember the number off-hand, but it's the Friday show from the week where the Fix-It Shop gets renovated) which lists "Song: Leslie Mostly". I wonder if that was actually a song or if it was just a Leslie Mostly Show sketch mistakenly listed as a song. As far as I could tell, that's the only clear Leslie Mostly segment listed in the guides. Of course a lot of segments are listed with vague details (at times even mentioning skits without mentioning main characters featured), though I didn't notice any Leslie Mostly skits we know of that are listed generically. But that does prove that she was around before season 12, which I had suspected.

It would be great if Sesame Workshop would officially release one of her skits online or on DVD, if only so I can see how Sesame Workshop would "title" it. Like, would the title just be "The Leslie Mostly Show", or, using the Mumford sketch as an example, "The Leslie Mostly Show: The Amazing Mumford", or "Leslie Mostly Interviews Mumford", or "Mumford's Interview", or something else (heck, I'd also like to see how Sesame Workshop would list a Miami Mice sketch, if it would use a disambiguation for the individual sketch or just Miami Mice. Sesame Workshop hasn't officially released any Leslie Mostly or Miami Mice sketches online or on video)? I'd also be satisfied with seeing a clap board image for one of the sketches.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Leslie Mostly seems to be in the same area as Deena and Pearl with Sesame Workshop. Probably overlooked and forgotten.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw that Leslie Mostly thing too; probably a mistake labeling it as a "song," they did the same with one of the Rhymies bits in another page.

While I wouldn't be surprised if SW put out a skit officially, I can't see them doing much more. I'm usually against the whole "conspiracy" thing people peddle around here about why certain segments stopped airing or got a home video / online release, but there's probably a good reason why we haven't seen these released - they're boring. Why would they put up something totally flat and uninteresting when they've got a funny Grover bit to share instead?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The same can also be said for Professor Hastings. Even watching them in foreign dubs shows how boring the character is.

Back on the subject of Leslie Mostly - I definitely feel like the skit with Grover would have been funnier had it had Mr. Johnson in it. Brian Muehl's role felt, well.... Kinda forced.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Leslie Mostly seems to be in the same area as Deena and Pearl with Sesame Workshop. Probably overlooked and forgotten.
Well, sesamestreet.org used to have a characters page with a special box listing various character names that you could click on that lead to search results for that character, and Leslie Mostly was among them despite not appearing in any clips on the site. That section also included the almost-as-rare Aristotle, about four years before any Aristotle clips were posted on the site. So the character was on somebody's mind when that was created (and Muppet Wiki didn't even have an image of her at the time), I wonder if they planned to include her on the site and changed their minds or whatever.

I saw that Leslie Mostly thing too; probably a mistake labeling it as a "song," they did the same with one of the Rhymies bits in another page.
And sadly, it would be hard to determine what sketch it might be (assuming the song designation is indeed a mistake), as the topic listed for the segment is "miscellaneous", as opposed to any specific educational topic (the Mumford sketch is about remembering, the Grover one is about a job, the Count one is about counting.... Have no idea what the Cookie Monster one is about, the Kermit one described in this thread would be about jobs, and it looks like the Guy Smiley one is about counting).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I do seem to recall seeing Leslie in the characters section.

On the subject of the skits - I would definitely like to see the Kermit one. Just because, well, Kermit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Cookie Monster Leslie Mostly segment is about the different shapes of a cookie and his house being made from cookies.
I should have worded it better, but I meant I didn't know what the educational topic of the Cookie Monster sketch was, I did know it was about him making a house out of cookies and eating his own home (I did briefly wonder if creative thinking was the educational topic). But thanks. I don't think I knew that it taught shapes.

Last edited: