Sweetums Action Figure!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Now that the talk of the size is done, Can we discuss the way he looks ?

Now, I think she should be based on the Sweetums from The Muppet Show. Its hard to notice how much he has changed, But when you put the images side by side from over the years you will see how much he has !

I say that he should be based on the Sweetums from The Muppet Show, The earlier the better.

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree, but I have a feeling there will be a compromise between the old and new versions like there was with Waldorf. Henson seems to want the newer look of the puppets instead of the classic look (ie Sam's brighter color, Zoot's aqua color, greener Bunsen etc). I hope that is not the case.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Me too.

I hope they go more the same color that SideShow did with the Sam bust for the Naked Sam figure.

If Henson let SideShow do it then im sure Palisades would be allowed.

see ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think the earlier Sweetums is coolest and...wait.

He's changed?

Someone do a side-by-side comparison. I thought it was the same Sweetums that I met that Richard had performed in!!

Everyone likes the photos I have of Sweetums from MuppetFest!
See the photo here!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yes, the Sam oput now is MTI Sam which is a new Sam so it makes sense for him to look modern. And Bunsen was always green. It's been explained time and time again why the figure is green.

About Sweetums, I hadn't noticed much aof a change at all. A side by side is definatly needed. And I can't wait for a Sweetums figure at 10 inches. He certainly would be out of scale at 13. Just look at Mega Animal next to the other figures. 13 would just be too big.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Yes, the Sam oput now is MTI Sam which is a new Sam so it makes sense for him to look modern. And Bunsen was always green. It's been explained time and time again why the figure is green.

About Sweetums, I hadn't noticed much aof a change at all. A side by side is definatly needed. And I can't wait for a Sweetums figure at 10 inches. He certainly would be out of scale at 13. Just look at Mega Animal next to the other figures. 13 would just be too big.
Sam is still a bit bluer than the puppet, but close. However many would like a more subtle blue. Maybe nekkid Sam but you never know what Henson is going to say. Even though Bunsen is greenish he is not that green. It's still a little cartoony and a change that I'm sure Palisades would alter if they could.

The colors are good enough for me, but the Henson art deparment tends to want cartoony off-colors than anything that is really seen on film or the original puppet.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how Sweetums appearance differs from the Muppet SHOW to the Mupet MOVIE, but if he looked like he did in the Muppet MOVIE, then I'd be pleased. I think his performance in the movie is what the typical average fan remembers about him anyways, other than the opening number...