Forum Staff/Threads, What The Frog?!

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
There, now that I got your attention, hey @The Count! Hey, @Phillip! I know I don't usually rant up here, but i'm really upset. With everything going on I just can't take it anymore.
I HATE that you keep deleting threads! It's so sad and annoying. And I don't wanna sound like that whiny guy who gets angry because their post count goes down, or because my likes disappeared;I couldn't care less about those things. No, what i'm ticked about is deleting entire threads just because ONE member doesn't want their posts to be seen, or because a fight broke out and Ed doesn't feel like going through all the posts. I'm ticked because i'd like to be able to go back a relive the fun times that i've had with my forum friends, the friends I had when I was too shy to make friends in the real world. I, and many others would like to be able to go back and read posts from members who have left the forum. Look, dude, it is literally your job to go through posts and filter them, and if that's too hard or takes up too much of your time than @Phillip you need to add more members to your staff. I feel like you need to have at least three staff members to vote on the fate of threads and members, and whatever else.

Further, the fighting between @BlakeConor14 and various other members has reached ridiculous levels. I don't like singling out specific members when i'm mad, but he is immature, rude, offensive, and downright unpleasant to have around here. Something needs to be done about him. I know you can't ban him, but you need to find a way. Change your server, do whatever you can.

You have to change this site. And sorry if I sound entitled, and I don't mean to, but, you have a duty to, not only fix it for the forum members, but also the entire Muppet fan community. How many other places are there for us to discuss and geek out about The Muppets and Jim's other creations? Heck, this has become a main source of Muppet related news for some people. This place still means a lot to a lot of people. Don't let it go under.

And if you fail, WE RIOT! Well, no, not really, but we'll still be really, really angry and a lot of people will probably start leaving.
@Pig's Laundry I'm sorry but in know way am I taking the blame for the closing of the 100,000 posts thread. I was only standing up to what I believed what was deliberate bullying. That is the first thread to be deleted that I have been part of.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
To help address a couple issues raised here...

1 As far as added staff members, yes, that would certainly help. And yes, there are certain forum members that due to past actions or reactions wouldn't make the best staffers. But there are other people who should be promoted, the problem is that said promotion is done exclusively by the administrator through some sort of tweak to the forum's computer coding which I have no idea how to carry out.

2 That said, even if more staff members are added they as well as all staff members need to have full mod powers available to them at all times to deal effectively with troublesome members when they finally act up instead of being limited to deal with said troublesome members within a set time limit. All the troublesome member has to do nowadays is create an account, wait out the set time limit, then start posting crappish spam to their heart's content knowing they can't have their account deleted.

Sorry this is so, I'm only doing what I can to help keep MC a good forum. :wisdom: :sigh:
Thanks for all you do. I do get the feeling your hands are tied in what sort of punishment can be handed out. IMHO it would help if you had the ability to hand out 1 week, 1 month or permanent bans. That would go a long way in keeping people in check. As it is now, there are no consequences for bad behavior and the language and back-and-forth arguments are ridiculous.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
There, now that I got your attention, hey @The Count! Hey, @Phillip! I know I don't usually rant up here, but i'm really upset. With everything going on I just can't take it anymore.
I HATE that you keep deleting threads! It's so sad and annoying. And I don't wanna sound like that whiny guy who gets angry because their post count goes down, or because my likes disappeared;I couldn't care less about those things. No, what i'm ticked about is deleting entire threads just because ONE member doesn't want their posts to be seen, or because a fight broke out and Ed doesn't feel like going through all the posts. I'm ticked because i'd like to be able to go back a relive the fun times that i've had with my forum friends, the friends I had when I was too shy to make friends in the real world. I, and many others would like to be able to go back and read posts from members who have left the forum. Look, dude, it is literally your job to go through posts and filter them, and if that's too hard or takes up too much of your time than @Phillip you need to add more members to your staff. I feel like you need to have at least three staff members to vote on the fate of threads and members, and whatever else.

Further, the fighting between @BlakeConor14 and various other members has reached ridiculous levels. I don't like singling out specific members when i'm mad, but he is immature, rude, offensive, and downright unpleasant to have around here. Something needs to be done about him. I know you can't ban him, but you need to find a way. Change your server, do whatever you can.

You have to change this site. And sorry if I sound entitled, and I don't mean to, but, you have a duty to, not only fix it for the forum members, but also the entire Muppet fan community. How many other places are there for us to discuss and geek out about The Muppets and Jim's other creations? Heck, this has become a main source of Muppet related news for some people. This place still means a lot to a lot of people. Don't let it go under.

And if you fail, WE RIOT! Well, no, not really, but we'll still be really, really angry and a lot of people will probably start leaving.
This. OMG. Best post ever.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I don't have the patience to be a staff member, and yeah, I'm guilty of getting into fights with some members, but most of it is me putting them in their place (only once do I think I just trolled them, giving a taste of their own medicine).

I dunno. To be honest, some of my expectations for this site have gone down for me last night after what happened. :smirk:

But yeah, overall I was really angry last night. Yeah, sure, it sucks I lost alot of messages and likes, but, eh, they're whatever, but I was mostly angry on the fact of two things.

1) a stupid argument happened on a thread that was very theraputic for me. I had alot of fun goofing around with friends ( *cough* tagging @muppetgem *cough) and once the arguing came in, it felt like just another Steve/you can't blame the left for anything thread. And it's still sad that I was able to predict that the state of the world thread would go to **** because I knew it would.

2) that only one simple argument ended up getting the thread go bye bye, whereas we had to wait MONTHS for the state of the world to dissapear, and in a few hours or days, the state of us and our things will be bumped up (probably by a certain LGBT member; and I don't mean this in any disrespect to him, mind you, I'm just predicting it might be him since I know he likes talking about how much Trump is destroying the country and our community) and just go right back to square one.

I've just never felt so upset/dissapointed in my life. I honestly wanted to smash my head through the wall last night.

:smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Mikaela, I'm gonna give you some friendly advice.

Don't let something like this become an obsession.

Trust me. It will ruin your life.
I will not let this become an obsession. Was just saying that I was bummed out about the whole thing, that's all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, in fairness, it's always seemed to be an issue with you whenever you lose likes and messages. That's why I brought it up.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
What the heck happened? I hate deleted threads. There are so many valuable posts in the one(s) that were deleted and, dare I say, ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRING PEACE TREATIES BETWEEN TWO VERY PASSIONATE MEMBERS WITH WHOM I RESPECT A GREAT DEAL!!! I felt that a lot of us were having break throughs with one another. Or is it breaks through? I can never get plurals right. :stick_out_tongue: I'm just disappointed in this whole thing. I'd start a new thread, but I work hard in this new economy and there's little time for me to do anything but work and visit a couple minutes with friends in person. Sad Jamie, but my bank account is happy. Can someone give me a brief account of what went down (without stirring it up again)?