RIP Barbara Bush

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I primarily remember Barbara Bush for her appearances on the Disney Channel's "Salute to the American Teacher." A great message and one we need now more than ever.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm very glad to have had her with us as long as we could.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know we're not talking about him right now, but all I can think of is Nostalgia Critic's, "Blah blah, I'm an old person, blah blah, I'm keeping you from your cartoon." Lol. To be fair, I think that was directed more at George than Barbara. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Y'all know my politics, but what you probably do not know is the great respect I have for this woman. My family has always been friendly with her family through my Mom. Flo knows everybody! Barbara was a notoriously formidable presence and always her own person. Her values of women's choice and support of people no matter whom they loved may not have been widely known on the political stage, but they were well known to all who knew her. I had the privilege of meeting her once and she was as sweet and welcoming as you'd want her to be. On another note, I would often see her hair stylist when I was a teen out in Houston's gay clubs of the mid 90's. He'd sneak me free Champagne and make sure I was okay. Of course, he answered the question people always ask him of her, "Yes, she likes her hair that way and it'll never change." That was the First Lady in everything she did. Always. The world will miss her independence and charm. She was also among the favorite First Ladies of Sesame Street.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Y'all know my politics, but what you probably do not know is the great respect I have for this woman. My family has always been friendly with her family through my Mom. Flo knows everybody! Barbara was a notoriously formidable presence and always her own person. Her values of women's choice and support of people no matter whom they loved may not have been widely known on the political stage, but they were well known to all who knew her. I had the privilege of meeting her once and she was as sweet and welcoming as you'd want her to be. On another note, I would often see her hair stylist when I was a teen out in Houston's gay clubs of the mid 90's. He'd sneak me free Champagne and make sure I was okay. Of course, he answered the question people always ask him of her, "Yes, she likes her hair that way and it'll never change." That was the First Lady in everything she did. Always. The world will miss her independence and charm. She was also among the favorite First Ladies of Sesame Street.
That's really cool, you have connections! :wink: Yeah I mean, while I wasn't thrilled with the family becoming a political dynasty, there's no question they have done service to the country in a variety of ways.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
By the way the funeral is literally - directly behind my family's house in Houston and they'll be attending the funeral. Surreal, but that's life in Houston.