The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way Trump is always hiring people with the exact opposite qualifications for positions in his cabinet has made me realize he should totally hire me to head the Treasury Department, since I suck at math and numbers.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was listening to Montgomery Gentry's album "Back When I Knew It All" today to celebrate the 10th anniversary of it's release. Time flies....it feels like just yesterday when that album was first released. But anyway, I noticed some similarities between the song One Trip and The Gambler by Kenny Rogers:
Think about it:
-He meets an old man on a train
-He and the old man drink & talk with each other
-The old man gives him life advice that he'll never forget.

Yeah, sounds like The Gambler to me. Now I can't help but think there was some inspiration going on there.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm watching ReBoot: The Guardian Code, the Netflix "re-imagining" of the first mainstream CGI cartoon from the '90s (which now adds live-action into the mix), and I don't have seething hatred in it like a lot of other people online; just disappointment in how it barely feels like I'm watching ReBoot, and how it squandered the opportunity to give closure to the big cliffhanger the original show left off a la Samurai Jack.

Though I do like V.E.R.A., one of the new characters. She's the usual fish-out-of-water computer program/robot, yet her actress somehow sounds less robotic than the other human actors. That and the new VA for Megabyte sounds almost identical to the late Tony Jay.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like most of the Simpsons video games are widely despised, I think it's because many of them are frustratingly difficult, not sure off-hand if it's anything else (I should go back and rewatch The Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews of the games and The Nostalgia Critic's "Let's Play" of Bart's Nightmare and see if they mentioned anything bad besides the difficult), and yet the arcade game seems to be one of the few universally praised Simpsons games (too bad they couldn't put it on consoles besides computers), but the arcade game is also difficult. The first level is easy, I'm not sure what the average difficult level is (I've never made it past the third level, and only made it past the second level once, and as an adult at that). Not sure if it's frustratingly hard, but arcade games are generally made to be difficult to get people putting in more quarters (though I think the first levels of arcade platforms/beat 'em ups are generally easy).

And there are Simpsons games that I was unable to get past the first level of (Bart vs. the World, Night of the Living Treehouse of Horror, Krusty's Fun House), but there are also Simpsons games I could at least pass the first level of (Bart vs. The World, The Simpsons Game), though I have rarely been able to pass any of the mini-games in Bart's Nightmare and I've never been able to pass any of the platform mini-games in Virtual Bart.

So what makes the arcade game so universially liked while the other games are so disliked?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've only played Simpsons Road Rage. My only complaint with the game is how repetitive it gets listening to the same dialouge over and over and over and over just for the sake of getting to your 1,000,000 goal. But, when you do reach it, it does feel very satisfying in the end.