Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4810 - The Last Straw

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I agree. Nice expansion on the plot where Bert is trying to sleep and Ernie keeps waking him up, very reminiscent of the days of Jim and Frank playing the characters.

Now that was Matt who voiced Big Bird in this one? I thought it was Carroll just sounding different because of his dystonia. I have heard that Matt would record new material for season 48, but does this mean that Carroll has retired altogether?

:smile::embarrassed::concern: Does this mean that Carroll has retired.

I'm kind of confused now.
So far Matt and Eric have been the only ones doing the voices this season.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, is Carroll still in the closing credits though? Right now I can only watch the eps online and they only include the street scenes. I think Muppet Wiki does still credit Carroll as BB and Oscar, so he might be heard in a scene or two this season. You never know.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
There are actually some episodes on YT. Evelyn Breit uploads street scenes, while Alonso Espinoza uploads full episodes.
Hey, is your name Daffyfan? Lol. JK. But I only saw on full ep that was on YT so far. Maybe just as well, with how busy I've been lately I only have time for the ten minute street scenes, plus I don't want to see to my spoilers before they air on PBS.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Last Straw" premieres on PBS this Monday February 11. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Rovi (one of the two companies that reports guide data in the US) is showing this as Season 48 Episode 9. We believe this is a numerical mistake. Gracenote (the other company that reports guide data) is showing this as Season 48 Episode 10 which is what we believe will air.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I learned why Josh Groban's song was so catchy: It was composed by Matthew Sklar. Broadway composers seem to put the most effort into Sesame songs these days, even when it's a street story song where the lyrics and music were written separately.