"Real" Cartoon Characters on Sesame Street

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I will say seeing the Simpsons in "Monster in the Mirror" was actually pretty mind blowing as a kid.

I liked seeing Jughead in the "J" cartoon years later when I first discovered YouTube. But I absolutely dreaded the voice they gave him.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody yet mentioned the Road Runner segments from The Electric Company. Sure, it's not a Henson related show much, but it was produced by Sesame Workshop. Here the characters use their famous antic to demonstrate the meanings of different words. The animation is slightly lower budget than the theatrical cartoons, but comes awful close in quality. I believe Chuck Jones himself directed these.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bugs Bunny does say a few words.But I forget what he says.And the song the rapper sings is something about "Trash".I Forgot what it's called.:confused:
On the subject of that song -

I first heard about it on Muppet wiki since I never saw it on Sesame Street or on its own (I think it was only shown in season 25) and I really loved the celebrity and cartoon cameos. Dr. John did a great job as the yak himself.

crackmaster

Reaction score
The Superman sketch with the giant ape is apparently lost. I remember seeing it on an Old School DVD and it was my first time seeing Lois Lane. Wonder why Sesame never did an Aquaman cartoon.

Or even better, Hanna-Barbera does a Black Vulcan cartoon for Sesame. I would pay money to see that.

How about Sonic on Sesame Street? I wondered something like this when I was 12, but it was on a totally different thread than this. I bet DiC would do it.