The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It appears that - contrary to some people's wishful thinking - Doug and Rob are, indeed, still with Channel Awesome at this point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So as I said, in spite of what's been going on with Channel Awesome and Doug and everything, it doesn't change my enjoyment of Classic Nostalgia Critic, and I'm about to engage in my annual month-long binge-watching classic NC for May.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Apparently, they plan on rebranding Channel Awesome as "Nostalgia Critic."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So this is one thing I'm training myself on doing.

As Snowth pointed out, separating the art from the person.

I still enjoy the silliness of NC and I'm still honored to have had the opportunity to meet and get a picture with Doug for free.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wellp, it appear Doug has won everyone back with his review of THE EMOJI MOVIE, which kinda proves a joke that he made all the way back in his review of CAPTAIN PLANET. . . .

NC: This has got to be the most easily-lead crowd ever! "Hey everybody, child birth is bad!"
CROWD: (Boos and jeers)
NC: "But genocide is good!"
CROWD: (Cheers)

mr3urious

Reaction score
As insipid as the live-action Woody Woodpecker film was, I'll give Universal credit for using Eric Bauza to voice the title character rather than blow money on an A- or B-list celebrity and speed up his voice to unrecognizability. Though I don't understand why his voice quality sounds like it was recorded on a potato. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And those who he still hasn't won back are complainin that reviewing THE EMOJI MOVIE is clearly a sign fhat he's desperate to hang onto his base and isn't even trying anymore.