The "You know what?" thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's an episode of The Goldberg's where Barry becomes addicted to playing Punch Out at the arcade, doing all he can for extra money, including taking out the money from his savings bond and selling one of Adam's prized toys. At the end, Pop decides to give Barry a punching bag as a healthy alternative to the game - which ends up working. But is actually punching a punching bag a real alternative to playing a boxing game? I mean, maybe it would if the arcade actually had boxing glove controllers (would that have been possible in the 1980s? Somehow I think it would but don't think any arcade games used such controls). I wonder if they thought about just buying him a copy of the NES game, which, while it would have probably been real expensive, would have allowed him to play all he wanted without having to spend quarters.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
This has to be the weirdest Sesame skit of them all:
I mean, the animation is really jolty and really random, not to mention the eerie synth music in the background. Who, tell me, WHO at CTW thought that showing this skit was a good idea? I know if I saw this when I was 3 I would've been terrified. Plus, it has literally NO educational value. :smirk:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I dunno, I think it's kinda cute. That orange could probably be considered the precursor to Cecille the Ball. Plus, I can't help but giggle when the orange is like "L'aMOOOOORE!!" and then her face flies off.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I dunno, I think it's kinda cute. That orange could probably be considered the precursor to Cecille the Ball. Plus, I can't help but giggle when the orange is like "L'aMOOOOORE!!" and then her face flies off.
Oh yeah, I'm not saying I don't like it; on the contrary, it's just why was this on Sesame Street?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm not saying I don't like it; on the contrary, it's just why was this on Sesame Street?
Word has it this was Kermit Love's handiwork. It's also worth mentioning, for a brief period in the 80's, Jim taught a few college courses in television production. This was included in his portfolio that he'd show students.
Still, creeped me out way back when.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the Five Nights at Freddy's characters being made cute and cuddly when they're supposed to be creepy. And I'm sick of all the shippings, too. That's not what FNAF is about. :rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest.

I kinda get bugged when people say "dis skit on Sesame has no educational value!"

I mean, who cares? If kids enjoy it then that's all there is to it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the Five Nights at Freddy's characters being made cute and cuddly when they're supposed to be creepy. And I'm sick of all the shippings, too. That's not what FNAF is about. :rolleyes:
You can blame tumblr for that.