"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
The movie really isn't for my type of sense of humour, but if y'all are looking forward to this, more power to you, I guess lol

I gotta say though, this could have been something really amazing. I guess I should stop automatically comparing it to Roger Rabbit, which had clever humour and provided some great social commentary. Having something like this coming from the Henson Company is rather disappointing.

But still, who am I to dictate what they do?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
The movie really isn't for my type of sense of humour, but if y'all are looking forward to this, more power to you, I guess lol

I gotta say though, this could have been something really amazing. I guess I should stop automatically comparing it to Roger Rabbit, which had clever humour and provided some great social commentary. Having something like this coming from the Henson Company is rather disappointing.

But still, who am I to dictate what they do?
I'm saying this could determine the fate of the Henson Company

If successful and well liked- it could kick start the henson company into making more movies

If unsuccessful and panned by critics- I can see it being near enough the end of the road for the henson company

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I think this quote from Brian Henson shows that we should have faith in this movie.
Audience member: Are you aware of the R-rated puppet movie, Meet the Feebles?
Brian: Yeah, I'm not a big fan of it, but I am aware of it. And I've never been able to watch it all the way through, I don't know why. There are some things I like in it, and then there's parts where I go "Aye aye aye." I'm actually working on an R-rated puppet comedy that is also dirty, but it actually tells a really good story. But there are some fun things in Meet the Feebles. It came out at an odd time where I wasn't interested in seeing it. When did it come out? It must have been the '90s?
Moderator: Early '90s.
Brian: Yeah. It is very rude and there are times when it's fun and funny, and other times where it steps over the line, as far as I was concerned.

Space Muppet

Reaction score
I had heard that Brian had been trying to get this thing made for years, but no one was really interested in it. Then Melissa McCarthy signed-on & basically re-wrote the script.

I don't particularly care for the idea of 'Filthy Muppets,' but when I showed the trailer to a couple of non-puppet friends, they laughed their ***** off & said they wanted to see it.

I have friends who got work out of the movie, so I'm happy for them at least.

gravy

Reaction score
I'm starting to agree with Conor... The first trailer doesn't really show off the actual plotline, but rather shows the viewer dirty muppets and such, which really gives the wrong message.

I'm also gonna have to wait for a second trailer.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Looking forward to see this - it looks like fun.

I am surprised that a China/South Korea Company would fund a movie with puppets:smirk:

Fingers crossed the film will do well - good luck STX Entertainment films:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So uh.... Yeah.

I just watched a trailer for this movie. Looks really funny! I loved when one of the Muppets just sprays semen everywhere. :laugh: