Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This is disturbing. The President instructed the Postmaster General to double Amazon's shipping rates - something that is already equal to their competitors - out of spite against its connection to the Washington Post. He should be impeached for that alone. Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And nobody seemed to take the slightest notice the shooter was dressed in a full-length trench coat in 90 degree heat. No students, no faculty or administrators, nobody.
What's so weird about that? In 90 degree heat, you'll see people out in hoodies, and little old ladies out in longcoats.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What's so weird about that? In 90 degree heat, you'll see people out in hoodies, and little old ladies out in longcoats.
I know, and by the same token you see kids wearing shorts in the dead of winter. But he also had on a "Born To Kill" t shirt.
Besides the two guns he was packing, he also had a number of homemade bombs set up. He was really looking to inflict some major damage.
The school did take appropriate measures in the wake of Parkland, and the one guard who took this kid out prevented the death toll from being much higher. Sure, ten is ten too many, but it could've been a lot worse.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I know many (some) of you are concerned about how much the NRA spends on lobbying efforts and how the Republican party is loyal to their $$$, especially in the wake of another tragic school shooting. And rightfully so.

But I saw this tweet today and thought it was interesting.

Planned Parenthood is spending 30 million dollars in the midterm elections If they have that kind of cash why are taxpayers forced to subsidize them?​

They sell body parts and make a fortune off the hundreds of thousands of American children they slaughter, its disturbing. And yet there is NO outrage. The number of innocent babies murdered annually by Planned Parenthood blows away the number of children murdered in school shootings. And yet abortion is just accepted in America as a normal part of everyday life. Unlike the school shootings, these are government subsidized murders, thanks in a large part by the Democratic politicians as recipients of their campaign donations. Think about that.

Here's a thought. Any organization that gets government subsidies should not be allowed to make financial contributions for candidates and elections. Including Big Pharma, Wall Street and finance, . . . . everyone!

It will never happen because just as the Republican politicians are afraid of alienating it's NRA donors, the Democrats are afraid of their Planed Parenthood donors. And both parties are afraid of Wall Street and Big Pharma. I saw a stat where pharmaceutical companies contribute to lobbying efforts 10 times (10 times!!!) the amount the NRA does!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it sad that I'm apprehensive about my niece's graduation ceremony today, since these shooters have specifically been targeting these ceremonies?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They sell body parts and make a fortune off the hundreds of thousands of American children they slaughter, its disturbing. And yet there is NO outrage. The number of innocent babies murdered annually by Planned Parenthood blows away the number of children murdered in school shootings. And yet abortion is just accepted in America as a normal part of everyday life. Unlike the school shootings, these are government subsidized murders, thanks in a large part by the Democratic politicians as recipients of their campaign donations. Think about that.
I admit, I had to darkly chuckle the first time I saw the "March for Our Lives" thing, because I can imagine them awkwardly realizing "March for Life" was already taken. :big_grin:

There was some outrage when PP was exposed for selling body parts. I remember a pro choice woman wrote to the NYT, saying "My fetus is not trash." But yeah, as you correctly pointed out Muppetrules, Planned Parenthood is much like the NRA. Too much money and power to be truly held accountable.

As far as gun control, that doesn't seem to apply to the Sante Fe shooting at all. The guns were legally purchased by the father. Background checks are irrelevant to this case. I guess you could advise people to keep their guns locked up, that makes sense, but should that be a law? To keep personal property locked up? When the overwhelming majority of gun violence in this country is, again, not school shootings?

On the other side, I was very annoyed to hear Fox commentators still calling for the heads of video games. I'm surprised they didn't blame MTV as well, lol. :coy:

Nothing is changing because both sides are too busy seeing their own very specific, very extreme agendas, and ignoring the details of reality. And I will continue to blame the media as well for putting these shooters in the spotlight. They have been repeatedly warned about this. They simply don't care. Ratings come first.

We know. You needn't repeat the obvious.
I love this country. Its leaders are a joke, but then again, that is universal. :wink:

Last edited: