Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have more than a foot in both worlds and see that as a false equivalence, but will agree to disagree here.
I won’t be paying the fine this time. :wink:

Not to mention, you know who celebrates abortions most of all? Boyfriends. Playboys. Men. For feminists to laude Hugh Hefner as a pro choice pioneer shows just how dangerously confused the movement has become. They are so worried about men stopping abortion, they don’t notice the men who cause them for their own selfish purposes. Indeed, they are celebrated.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I won’t be paying the fine this time. :wink:

Not to mention, you know who celebrates abortions most of all? Boyfriends. Playboys. Men. For feminists to laude Hugh Hefner as a pro choice pioneer shows just how dangerously confused the movement has become. They are so worried about men stopping abortion, they don’t notice the men who cause them for their own selfish purposes. Indeed, they are celebrated.
Oh, the false equivalence thing. Wocka! I still disagree with much, and likely always will. I'm really not getting all of this or where exactly it's coming from. That said - this topic seems to be something that, more than anything, has personally touched your life in ways that I do not know. I won't intrude in any way. I can, however, certainly respect your thoughts and feelings on the subject. I always have.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I'm guessing the shooter was a cisgendered straight white Christian male with an AR15 and people are giving him sympathy cause he's white?
Yeah, but the right is trying to say he and these other shooters are non-white, for some reason.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, the false equivalence thing. Wocka! I still disagree with much, and likely always will. I'm really not getting all of this or where exactly it's coming from. That said - this topic seems to be something that, more than anything, has personally touched your life in ways that I do not know. I won't intrude in any way. I can, however, certainly respect your thoughts and feelings on the subject. I always have.
There is no disagreeing about the ways men benefit from abortion. That is a fact. So yeah, when well meaning men say “I won’t intrude,” that is a joke to me. When it comes to abortion, all men ever do is intrude. And the pro choice crowd can’t see this reality in front of them.

I believe you when you say you’re not getting this. Which is why the left kinda scares me.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There is no disagreeing about the ways men benefit from abortion. That is a fact. So yeah, when well meaning men say “I won’t intrude,” that is a joke to me. When it comes to abortion, all men ever do is intrude. And the pro choice crowd can’t see this reality in front of them.

I believe you when you say you don’t understand. Which is why the left kinda scares me.
I'm not just a well meaning man. I'm a well meaning gay man who very much respects grown women and supports each one to make her own individual decisions without interference or intrusion. So, flinging those words at me out of context is kind of mean and unnecessary while my intent was to respect your feelings and point of view. I'm not understanding the ire at me. Kinda weirded out, but cool. I've got a closing shift soon. Peace.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not just a well meaning man. I'm a well meaning gay man who very much respects grown women and supports each one to make her own individual decisions without interference or intrusion. So, flinging those words at me out of context is kind of mean and unnecessary while my intent was to respect your feelings and point of view. I'm not understanding the ire at me, but I've got a closing shift soon. Peace.
I’m not mad at you specifically. It’s just that you see intrusion as interfering with women getting abortions. I’m saying men also intrude by causing abortions, and that is never addressed.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I’m not mad at you specifically. It’s just that you see intrusion as interfering with women getting abortions. I’m saying men also intrude by causing abortions, and that is never addressed.
Oh, that's certainly true. BTW, as a teen when I had a pregnancy scare with my girlfriend, she was the pro-choice one and I was the pro-life person. I still deferred to her, but it was uncomfortable. Ultimately, neither of us had anything to worry about. But I remember going through that with her. She knew my views and that I'd step up if need be. I hope that was a comfort. Gah, that was so long ago.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, that's certainly true. BTW, as a teen when I had a pregnancy scare with my girlfriend, she was the pro-choice one and I was the pro-life person. I still deferred to her, but it was uncomfortable. Ultimately, neither of us had anything to worry about. But I remember going through that with her. She knew my views and that I'd step up if need be. I hope that was a comfort. Gah, that was so long ago.
Gotcha, and for my part I’m sorry for digging up old wounds. I absolutely feel you did the right thing, not every guy would step up.

I guess you and I just have a kind of love/hate thing going, lol. There are times when I really take comfort in your support and other times I probably use you as a representative for every liberal in the world that bugs me, lol. That’s not fair though, and I apologize.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Gotcha, and for my part I’m sorry for digging up old wounds. I absolutely feel you did the right thing, not every guy would step up.

I guess you and I just have a kind of love/hate thing going, lol. There are times when I really take comfort in your support and other times I probably use you as a representative for every liberal in the world that bugs me, lol. That’s not fair though, and I apologize.
Saying I'd step up and actually doing it are two different things. I'd like to think I would have held to that, but who really knows?

This recent dynamic is interesting. There's never any hate with me. Not even the folk here who tend to ride me rather hard sometimes. And certainly not with you. I kind of passed a final breaking point a while back. It had nothing to do with anything here. It's more about time management than anything. Managing emotions is a very important part of that.

I already don't get embarrassed by much, but now I care about people more than the squabbles I have with them. I still enforce my own boundaries and express my feelings. I just don't bleed all over them. That's seldom helped me. I see so many friends cutting other friends out of their lives for petty differences and I looked to my own.

I still haven't blocked anyone on my Facebook after liberating my list. I get frustrated sometimes with folk, but quickly disengage my personal feelings and look to their feelings and problem solving.

People are my Sudoku. Sounds weird, I know, but figuring out how people are and making them feel comfortable and listened to is genuinely the thing I've always valued most. I never want anyone to feel as horrible as I did in my first 18 years of life. I'm the anti-that for anyone who's ever met me in person. Online, however, is a challenge for all of us.

My methods have been rather scattershot over the years, but I feel like there's a better grasp on that. Time will tell. I'll probably screw up a lot more times. But there are never sore feelings with me. Don't worry about that. And there's no micro aggression either. What you see is what ya get. :smile:

BTW, back to the pregnancy scare many years back. People - we used protection, and that usually works, but it's best to cover more bases than one and to follow instructions carefully. Just saying! :wink: