Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I see Lionsgate is coming out with a new movie called UNCLE DREW.

Who else besides me, certainly @Drtooth, and possibly @mr3urious would hear the name "Uncle Drew" and immediately think of a Bob Hope-esque Tasmanian devil who likes to golf and go on road trips with his brother and nephew to get orange juice?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, Raja Gosnell . . . from the Home Alone movies, to talking dog movies. What a downfall.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I kind of, sort of used to like talking dog movies when I was younger (like 7 or 8 years old), but now I hate most of them for several reasons.

1. The writing is usually horrible and extremely cliched, with plots that have already been done a million times before.
  2. They tend to be pretty cheap and poorly done, as if they were mass-produced.
  3. The "comedy" is usually very juvenile, including poop and fart jokes.
  4. The acting is usually pretty half-a$$ed, like the actors (both live and voice actors) just do not want to be there and are only there for a paycheck.
  5. The poor dogs seem to look pretty miserable throughout some of these movies.
  6. The CGI mouths on the dogs tend to look ugly and disturbing.
I hate that these stupid movies keep getting churned out. But if the kids like them and their grandmas keep buying them from the Walmart discount DVD bin or renting them from Redbox, then I guess they'll just keep on comin'. :rolleyes: