Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i cant help but wonder if this trend is just a bunch of women wanting fame and the easiest way is to accuse people of sexual harassment

as far as apologizing...could be for PR. It looks better to apologize than deny any wrongdoings when you have multiple people pointing fingers at you, whether or not anything actually happened.

not saying he didnt do anything but i do have to wonder how many of these recent claims are true, given the sheer number of them

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i should rephrase that last statement. i wonder how many claims of actors sexual harassment in general are actually true.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
i cant help but wonder if this trend is just a bunch of women wanting fame and the easiest way is to accuse people of sexual harassment

as far as apologizing...could be for PR. It looks better to apologize than deny any wrongdoings when you have multiple people pointing fingers at you, whether or not anything actually happened.

not saying he didnt do anything but i do have to wonder how many of these recent claims are true, given the sheer number of them
Well, perhaps some of them are untrue, but if any women came forward with false claims, it might have more to do with supporting the actual victims. I mean, let's face it, the majority of people are not going to take these things seriously unless at least three people come forward.
But, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if most of them were true. I mean, we've heard countless stories at this point of victims not being able to say anything for fear of backlash, damage to their careers, damage to their lives, etc. So, depending on how powerful the celebrity is, they could probably get away with it pretty easily.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
you'd be surprised how many people would choose to ruin someone else's life if it meant fame and money
or pettiness. its easy to lie about something serious and have people believe you, because they're such serious accusations. You need to be a pretty twisted individual to lie about something like that, but it does happen.

All I'm saying is I find it really really strange that there are so many reports of incidents coming into light all at once