The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one that was kind of bugged by the fact that the DVDs for Ren and Stimpy from Paramount were treated like they were for adults, with previews for shows on Spike TV and Comedy Central?

Like, yeah, I get the show was pretty dark when it was on Nickelodeon and it gained some controversy that partially led to John K's firing, and the fact that it was also on Spike TV. But still, ignoring the adult party cartoon, the original show was primarily aimed for kids 7-18 and it always bugged me how the DVDs had previews for M-rated Comedy Central and Spike TV shows (South Park, Dave Chappelle, Crank Yankers, etc; all good shows by the way), along with a warning about bad language and the occasional naughty jokes (because saying "crap" in the former is too politically correct. :rolleyes: ) you know what I find to be kind of sad, too?

I could easily have seen this happen to Rocko's Modern Life had that show been released on DVD by Paramount in 2004/5, with the same crappy edits many of the episodes R and S have on every single release (including 1 and 2 labeled as "uncut." :rolleyes: ).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Before Nick, Ren and Stimpy was shown on late nights on MTV.
That seemed to be the perfect place for it, where nothing had to be compromised. Stimpy's magic nose goblin collection (technicolor boogers!) could be on full display and nobody would bat an eye.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The thing that bugged me with Spike/MTV airings was how they had commercial breaks in between episodes when they were playing (at least from what I heard).

Which explains the awkward fade ins/outs on the season 1 and 2 episodes on the DVD.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who, well... Actually gets kinda nervous when I first meet someone new?

Like, I'm not hugely shy, but if I don't know what you look like or sound like and we're about to meet, I do get pretty anxious.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am I the only one who, well... Actually gets kinda nervous when I first meet someone new?

Like, I'm not hugely shy, but if I don't know what you look like or sound like and we're about to meet, I do get pretty anxious.
I just have general social anxiety, and i'm really flippin' awkward. So, any and all social interactions freak me the flip out. You know what i'm fleepin' saying?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, if you want to meet anyone, it's a necessary evil.
Strangers are friends you haven't met yet.

If you're out pounding the pavements looking for a job, every interview with every new company, the stranger you meet might be your future boss.

Social interactions make you nervous? It's a skill you have to master. If you have a job that involves any kind of customer service, you have to overcome that fear or your job won't last long.

Same thing if you want friends. As awkward as it might seem, sooner or later you need to break the ice, introduce yourself, and open up a little bit. By doing that much, you've increased your chances a hundredfold of making a new friend.
Trust me, it's not as scary as it looks.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who would totally go running around dressed up as a gorilla while making obnoxious gorilla noises in public?