The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So you know how there's occasionally been new reviews within the last year where the Critic returned to the original format of just a straightforward review with no additional castmembers or disjointing sketches? Apparently, those aren't being counted as actual reviews, or actual episodes of the series, they're being counted as his editorials, so . . . whatever.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So you know how there's occasionally been new reviews within the last year where the Critic returned to the original format of just a straightforward review with no additional castmembers or disjointing sketches? Apparently, those aren't being counted as actual reviews, or actual episodes of the series, they're being counted as his editorials, so . . . whatever.
Wonder why that is?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this isn't on the subject of Nostalgia Critic, or even Channel Awesome, but a totally different well-known internet reviewer whom I see actually gets a lot of hate as well: The Mysterious Mr. Enter.

So, I really don't see all the hate Mr. Enter gets. I have enjoyed a number of his review videos, though I will say he's not the greatest reviewer on the internet . . . to be fair, Doug (and to a lesser extent, James Rolfe) has really turned internet reviews into a case of Seinfeld Is Unfunny: everybody does it, so the novelty has certainly worn off long ago . . . in a sense, Mr. Enter is just another sheep in a much larger flock. Really, my only criticism of Mr. Enter - and it's more of a quibble at that - is his voice: not saying his voice is bad or hard to listen to, but I would describe it as Mandark going back and forth through puberty . . . but then again, even Doug's voice isn't that great - especially when he tries doing different voices, they all sound too similar.

But I digress. Why does Mr. Enter get so much hate? According to his haters, it's because all he does is beat a dead horse, since he never reviews anything other that cartoons (which are his passion), and that he never does anything to mix his reviews up, or branch out to do anything different (yeah, uh, look how well that worked out for Doug). Still, I don't see why any of that's such a big deal, but like the old saying goes that Taylor $#!+ tried making a song out of, haters gonna hate.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Probably because he comes off as a bit of a prude who can't enjoy something for what it is. He insists that for anything to be deemed 'good' it has to have a positive moral. No matter what it is he has to find something to nitpick about.

I don't mind him honestly. Like I've enjoyed some of his reviews, but even I gotta admit I think he goes too far with his nitpicks sometimes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How is it any different from, say, Doug always complaining about musical movies having songs (which is kind of a dumb complaint)?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i guess because the nostalgia critic is a character and mr enter isnt? maybe its the length of time he dwells on minor complaints making them sound like they ruin the entire thing.

i dunno...something about his more recent reviews do rub me the wrong way

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Eh, I like that he talks about things no other cartoon reviewers talk about, and sometimes he makes good points. I'm not that interested in a lot of his videos like I used to be, but he doesn't actually get on my nerves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just happened to think: now that the rebooted version of Nostalgia Critic with the new format of other castmembers and sketches in the reviews has been in existence longer than the original run, does that mean all of the older/classic reviews now fall into Early Installment Weirdness?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wonder why the clips and footage used in his Grinch review are in PAL.