Video: Kermit on American Idol Season Finale Monday May 21, 2018

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yep that's the one. I know that as far as my opinion on Matt's Kermit no one agrees with me, and that's fine. However Rainbow Connection is not just some song. It's part of what makes a Kermit who he is or was I should say.
You're right.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Matt did a great job last night. I'm some one that can never get enough of Rainbow Connection. I thought all of the contestants sang very horrible in the end.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Matt sounded different to when he sang rainbow connection at the Hollywood Bowl but the music was probably in a different key so that maybe why

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So, yeah...

I have to agree that Kermit sounds a bit off in this clip. I dunno, it seems like Matt does better with Kermit live (which now that I think about it, this was live, but whatevs). Also, Maddie Poppe sounds really bad in this clip. Like, I don't know if she forgot to warm-up or whatever, but she does not sound right.

I'm also going to leave this ToughPigs article here because it pretty much sums up what I think about "Rainbow Connection" nowadays:

http://www.toughpigs.com/why-is-there-only-one-song-about-rainbows/

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Although I, like most of you have Rainbow Connection fatigue, I actually can't get enough of the original movie version. It's so beautiful and atmospheric.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Although I, like most of you have Rainbow Connection fatigue, I actually can't get enough of the original movie version. It's so beautiful and atmospheric.
Oh yeah, definitely. I actually watched the Muppet Movie yesterday and the song moved me so much I had goosebumps on my arms! (yeah, you heard me right, goosebumps, :wink:)