Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Trump made a mess with China that he's now cleaning up.
Yeah and this is what I figured would happen with his presidency. Pretty much anything outrageous he tries to do gets blocked by either his party or the usual checks and balances.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And already in the wake of the official end of the Korean War . . . Pence is back to taunting North Korea and Kim Jong-Un. Yeah, dumbass move. That'd be like if the war in the Middle East ended before we caught bin Laden, and Biden was like, "Nyah nyah-nyah nyah nyah! Obama's better than yo-ou!"

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yeah and this is what I figured would happen with his presidency. Pretty much anything outrageous he tries to do gets blocked by either his party or the usual checks and balances.
The same selling point of Trump is also his greatest weakness. Trump is filled with bad ideas due to a gross lack of experience and a temperament of not listening to other people. That's what has run each one of his businesses (the ones he personally ran) into the ground. Now he just puts his shingle on the work of others. I know Trump has created the popular optics that it's irresponsible and unAmerican to oppose him, but that's just the opposite. Trump's China deal was going to bring massive problems to the heartland! He had to stop the bleeding before it started and that's what he's doing now. And that's what he wants credit for - correcting his own mistake without admitting it and pretending it's something entirely new. This was the part of policy that didn't require checks and balances and see where that leads. I cannot wait until he's gone. Trump has all of the swamp and none of the experience.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So Trump made a big splash at the pro life event recently. And essentially told Planned Parenthood to find its funding elsewhere. As a pro lifer that is quite hilarious to me, as I have every confidence the man has paid for many an abortion in his sad life. But, this will absolutely work with his supporters, and other conservatives on the fence. Plus Ireland and Europe is still grappling on the issue regarding Down Syndrome; don’t think for a minute American pro lifers aren’t keeping track. If all the Democrats have is “Well uh you only care about the baby in the womb!”, they need to be worried. Like, yesterday.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So Trump made a big splash at the pro life event recently. And essentially told Planned Parenthood to find its funding elsewhere. As a pro lifer that is quite hilarious to me, as I have every confidence the man has paid for many an abortion in his sad life. But, this will absolutely work with his supporters, and other conservatives on the fence. Plus Ireland and Europe is still grappling on the issue regarding Down Syndrome; don’t think for a minute American pro lifers aren’t keeping track. If all the Democrats have is “Well uh you only care about the baby in the womb!”, they need to be worried. Like, yesterday.
We've been waiting for that to be revealed. Maybe that info is in the Cohen documents.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We've been waiting for that to be revealed. Maybe that info is in the Cohen documents.
What worries me is networks like CNN or MSNBC won't cover it, lest they give the impression something is "wrong" with abortion. Or if it is covered, we'll hear, "See? The pro life community's hypocritical, just like Trump!"

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
What worries me is networks like CNN or MSNBC won't cover it, lest they give the impression something is "wrong" with abortion. Or if it is covered, we'll hear, "See? The pro life community's hypocritical, just like Trump!"
Oh, Andrea Mitchell broke into her show several years ago to cover Justin Bieber's arraignment for peeing in a restaurant closet. You bet they'd cover this too. And bet on Evangelical leaders claiming that it's private, that they already knew, and that it's in the past so it doesn't count now.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, Andrea Mitchell broke into her show several years ago to cover Justin Bieber's arraignment for peeing in a restaurant closet. You bet they'd cover this too. And bet on Evangelical leaders claiming that it's private, that they already knew, and that it's in the past so it doesn't count now.
Oh I agree about evangelicals. They might also say they just don't believe it. Still on the fence about the media either covering it, or covering it fairly.