Jim Henson biopic?

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
I just dreamt about a Jim Henson biopic. The dream felt like a made-for-TV movie, the cast was too diverse and extra P.C., and it felt like it was focusing on Domino's Pizza's Tom Mongnoham rather than the Muppets and Jim Henson.

It starts out as Jim's son and that son's kids, as Jim hugs his son being the unexpected last time he was going to see him. A few moves on the camera as the son is talking. I woke up.

Still, this begs the question......is a Jim Henson biopic possible? Maybe based on the book by Brian Jay Jones?

Also, this may be morbid, but........would the son catch Jim's cold?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, it's possible, because there was one in the works earlier in the decade, of which pages from the script were leaked onto the internet, and there was much fan backlash, because the film depicted Jim has losing his mind toward the end of the his life, and having hallucinations that the puppets were coming to life to taunting and tormenting him. Fans found it to be very inaccurate and disrespectful depiction of Jim, and the film ended up getting scrapped as result.

So yeah, it's possible; the question is how could it be done right?

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
Yeah, it's possible, because there was one in the works earlier in the decade, of which pages from the script were leaked onto the internet

Was this because of the Sony Hack a few years ago?

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I would love to see a biopic, but I think these things tend to work best when it's a specific story, as opposed to someone's entire life. For instance, Saving Mr. Banks was about PL Travers differences with Disney when they were adapting Mary Poppins into a movie. Selma was about the 1965 voting rights marches from Selma to Montgomery, Hidden Figures was about the main characters' road to being respected team members at NASA, etc. So, I think if they did a movie, it could be about the early years of The Muppets before Sesame Street, or they could have one about the early development of Sesame Street. Or, there could even be one Jim trying to get The Muppet Show off the ground.

You know what? Jim and the Muppeteers (and probably Jerry Juhl) don't need a biopic, they need a mini series!