Sesame Street Dream

gravy

Reaction score
I had extremely disturbing Sesame Street dreams as a child.

1) Once, I had a dream about Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Stairs. The sketch had already scared me as a child EXTREMELY, but this one night, I had a dream about the sketch. Nothing more. Just the plain sketch. I was sleeping at the top of a bunk bed at the time, with nobody at the bottom, so I had a nosebleed overnight, rolled off the bed in my sleep, and woke up to have a fever. Strange what dreams can do to you, isn't it?

2) I was watching a bunch of Sesame Street VHS tapes at my parent's friends house. Then, one of the tapes sucked me into the TV. I was stuck in a very tight air vent, with the original 1968 Cookie Monster climbing up in the front, and the original Fuzzyface Grover in the back. They both had very heavy gruff breathing, but I tried not to get attacked. We got to the top, and there was a huge muppet party. I have no memory of what happened after that other than I went down the vent with them again.

3) I was in a very empty house. Cookie Monster was sleeping upstairs, and if I woke him up he would chase me until he gets me and I die or something idk. I made one slight whisper. Cookie Monster screams with his gruff voice and comes down the stairs with the most scariest angry face you can ever imagine. I headed straight out the door, and went down a huge hill's sidewalk with weird grocery and repair shops on each side. I found my mom in a parking lot unexpectedly, and asked her if I can get in her car. Cookie was catching up and I couldn't explain what happened, so I got in and told her to drive as fast as possible. I don't know what happened next.

Those are majorities of them. I wouldn't call them dreams, but nightmares.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Another dream I had just last night was about me finding out who Swayzak from Toonami's voice actor was - it was Fran Brill, but electronically altered. I remember I asked a CN employee and they gave me that info and then somehow I met Fran outside Sesame Workshop's office and she confirmed it. She also said she was the female voice in the Psychedelic Alphabet sketch from the 70s...

gravy

Reaction score
A few years ago I had a dream... It was a very rainy (and cloudy) day and I was in a tiny cottage. I think I had a few characters staying to eat soup or something??? I was in the kitchen, which had yellow walls with a white counter. The kitchen, I remember, was quite small, and no wonder, for it was a cottage. Then Cookie told me something like, ''Well, I'm going to Sesame Street now.'' I suggested he take an umbrella, and he declined the offer. He went out the kitchen door, to which, when you looked out of its window, you could see a wide grassy hill, almost like an arboretum, to your left, and in the near distance, some woods to the right. He walked a stone path into the woods and went on his way. I don't know why, but to this day, that scene still holds some sentiment to me. It's just so emotional. But, I had never been in this cottage before in my life, let me tell you that.

Sigh.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had a crazy yet awesome dream a few nights ago where I got to meet the behind the scenes people of Sesame Street and a few other puppet shows such as Bear in the Big Blue House, Oobi, ALF, etc. I think Jeff Dunham may have been one of the puppet-related people I met in my dream as well. There was also some guy holding this one puppet creature there that I'm almost positive my mind made up as a "dream exclusive OC". He was some brown Gremlin-looking critter with a really cute face that looked almost like that of an Ewok. He also had green eyes and a long stegosaurus-like tail. I'm pretty sure I may have been at some convention when all this happened in the dream.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I was little, I had a dream where Hoots the Owl was my substitute music teacher. I think Lisa Simpson was in that dream too, probably because of how she plays the saxophone too lol. But I haven't had any SS-related dreams in recent memory however, the only pop culture related dream I can recall lately involved my family inviting Slenderman over for the Thanksgiving dinner. No seriously! As crazy as that sounds, I still have a laugh every time I think of my dream self passing a bowl of mashed potatoes over to Slendy.

wiley207

Reaction score
Heh, last night I dreamed about seeing a bizarre version of this News Flash segment on YouTube:
It was over five minutes long (instead of three), and I remember the green baby monster in the firefighter helmet had a completely different voice that didn't sound like Jerry Nelson. I also recall that for some reason, Richard Hunt made an on-screen cameo dressed as a little old lady!

Any Del

Reaction score
Me hanging out with Gabi, Ernie and Bert.

crackmaster

Reaction score
I wouldn't call this a Sesame Street dream per se but I had a dream that my current crush Scott Getchell (who voiced Bill the Bat in a Ken Brown and Lisa Crafts cartoon from the 90s Sesame Street) was as geeky as I was. The dream ended with me going "WE'RE NOT WORTHY!" a la Wayne's World.