When you need to rant...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
It's not necessarily a kids movie, though. It's meant for older audiences. But I'm sure a lot of kids went to go see it, because kids love superheroes, and seeing them on the big screen even more so.

Anyway, I personally have no problem with religious jokes, but that's because I'm an atheist (who still celebrates Christmas, though).
Like I said, in general religious jokes don't bother me. It depends on how they are done. The only two I don't laugh at are jokes that portray Jesus as a bad guy (making him do things like kill people, say racist things, etc.) and whenever they outright state that God isn't real and/or it's weird to believe in him in a sarcastic sort of way. A lot of the shows I watch regularly include Jesus jokes and I more often than not find them clever. Things like Homer Simpson using a Crucifix as a guitar, Jesus using his powers to help him win a game of golf on Family Guy, or the Robot Chicken skit titled Jesus and the Argonauts about him fighting a cyclops by "turning the other cheek" don't bother me. It all depends on what the writer's intentions are and simply mentioning religion in a comedic way isn't enough to offend me. Your also right that The Avengers isn't exactly a kid's movie, but it isn't some adult cartoon or sitcom like the examples I gave above either. I wouldn't expect Disney to include a bit like that in their films whereas seeing a joke like that on The Simpsons or Family Guy would be totally understandable due to the established "equal opportunity offender" nature of those shows' style of humor. Plus, you sometimes gotta think of the personality of the characters saying those jokes. If Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin makes a joke like that, it isn't too surprising because of how both of them have always been portrayed as sarcastic people who will joke about anything regardless of who might hear it or whether it is the right time to say things like that or not. I mean, Peter actually was shown cracking jokes at a guy's mother's funeral in one episode. It's totally justifiable for a guy like him to say something offensive. But it makes no sense to me to hear something along those lines come out of the mouth of Star Lord of all characters. It just seems out of character for him out of all the MARVEL heroes to speak that line.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I laugh at alot of stuff as long as I know it's intended to be in some kind of humor.

If it's straight up trying to be offensive in a bad way then that's another story.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I laugh at alot of stuff as long as I know it's intended to be in some kind of humor.

If it's straight up trying to be offensive in a bad way then that's another story.
I agree. It all depends on what the intentions of the person saying the offensive joke is for me to laugh at it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I doubt anyone will care about this rant because as far as I know, @Old Thunder and I are the only Thomas fans on here, but um....

So, I've been making some custom Thomas tape videos, mainly ones going in the order of how the episodes were shown on Shining Time Station. I already made a Strand Home Video version of what would have been Percy Takes the Plunge and Other Stories had the episode " 'Tis a Gift" not repeated the episode "Terrance the Tractor" in the TV airing (the VHS release has a poorly made "U.S. Ringo version" of "Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree", with lines saying "The Fat Controller" muted), and I now got started working on "Percy and the Signal and Other Stories" to keep the season 2 intro before dumping it away. When I tried putting in the yellow transition into the start of the video from the intro to the episode I previously mentioned, it kept showing a brief shot of the season 3 credits with Thomas in the frame after the intro and I was not having any luck finding it. It was really frustrating because now that basically says I'll just have to start from scratch on a totally new project (I saved it as the same project I was working on for Percy Takes the Plunge, just with a new name).

:sigh: technology can be super frustrating sometimes....

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Y'know in the Crucifixion scenes, there's always a crowd of people watching Jesus? They're always going, "*sob* Why does he have to die?"

And Jesus is going: "WELL IF SOMEONE COULD GET A LADDER AND A PAIR OF PLIERS MAYBE I WOULDN'T HAVE TO!!"

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So today I discovered that tons of parents claim that SpongeBob and other similar shows with a fast paced structure is the leading cause of ADHD. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. For one, ADHD is something that people are born with not something that can be developed through some made up TV show. Also, I watched SpongeBob all the time when I was a kid and I grew up fine. It didn't make me stupid nor did it shorten my attention span. I was born with ADHD, that's all there is to it. I'm like that because I was born that way not because SpongeBob made me somehow develop those issues. That is an incredibly idiotic theory right there!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
There is a stigma about having a child with some sort of metal disability. Parents look for things to blame, because they cannot come to terms with the fact their child could have some kind of disability. It can be very hard for parents to accept that their child was born with something. Self guilt and whatnot.

While most parents do eventually come to terms with it, some parents go off the deep end because they dont want the blame pinned on them. It's easier to blame something else than actually making sure their children get the support they really need.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If I'm gonna be honest.

I haven't had much positive motivation lately.

Private message me if you want to know what's up....