Matt Groening's new show Disenchantment...

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot I guess. I'm not really holding out much hope it will be good though
I was there in Christmas 1989 for the Pilot Episode of The Simpsons! The Simpsons was revolutionary because It was the first Adult Cartoon sitcom and It paved the way for every other Adult Cartoon Sitcom that came after. The show still pours out quality stuff from time to time I thought the last few episodes were pretty good. To Be fair I don't think Groening is much a part of the creative process of the show anymore He has little to do with it except putting his stamp of approval on it. Where as Groening was a big part of the creative process of Futurama And IMHO Futurama is the Greatest show in the world Its my favorite. And I believe the consensus is The Simpsons was awesome and one of the best shows on TV seasons 1-9 so for me I have no worries with Disenchantment I am sure it will be great!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
you say that as though I'm some young idiot who's only seen the new episodes. I might not have been alive for the first few seasons, but I was like two or three when I started watching it back in 95/96. The simpsons was a massive part of my childhood

maybe i should have worded it as that i hate futurama, so i don't have hopes i'll like this show. it just never struck me the way the simpsons did. something about the humor never worked for me

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
you say that as though I'm some young idiot who's only seen the new episodes. I might not have been alive for the first few seasons, but I was like two or three when I started watching it back in 95/96. The simpsons was a massive part of my childhood

maybe i should have worded it as that i hate futurama, so i don't have hopes i'll like this show. it just never struck me the way the simpsons did. something about the humor never worked for me
No I never said that. But In 95/96 I was in High School so It Is actually understandable that an adult show would be not the favorite of a toddler like you were. A 2 or 3 year old just doesn't get the Jokes. At 2 or 3 did you get the Ayn Rand references and jokes? I also question any parents judgment that lets there baby or little kid wach any of the Adult cartoons on Fox, weather its The Simpsons, Futurama, King Of The Hill, The Critic, The Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland, Show, or Bobs Burgers. Just because there cartoons doesn't mean there for little kids and babies. They are shows for Adults that you could probably show your kid if there may be 7 years or older. But just for instance I first saw the show when I was about 8 or 9 years old and my nephew who is 10 years old watches all the shows I mentioned but when I first watched the show or when my 10 year old nephew watches it things go right over kids heads. Which Is actually a good thing because if it didn't go over the kids head It would be highly inappropriate. so kids aren't getting most of the jokes they just like the animation and sight gags but the adult plot and adult jokes most kids are not going to get. I would caution any parent who has kids that tend to repeat anything they hear on TV don't let them watch these shows. I have another nephew who is 13 years old He is Autistic he repeats everything he hears and he is very immature IMHO My 13 year old nephew with Autism should not in any way be allowed to watch these shows. Sadly my sister lets him watch basically whatever he wants. :frown:

Last edited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
ok, first of all, I don't appreciate the condescending attitude you have, nor do I appreciate the implication my parents were bad parents for letting me watch the simpsons. Believe it or not my parents actually did their job and from a very young age instilled in me the difference between reality and fiction. and I definitely do not appreciate that you are accusing my parents of not doing that.

Second of all futurama premiered in 1999, so I was not a toddler. I was 7 or 8. You of all people with your high and mighty attitude should have known that. I had no interest in the show back then, nor do I have any interest in it now, now that I am older and have tried to give the show another chance.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
ok, first of all, I don't appreciate the condescending attitude you have, nor do I appreciate the implication my parents were bad parents for letting me watch the simpsons. Believe it or not my parents actually did their job and from a very young age instilled in me the difference between reality and fiction. and I definitely do not appreciate that you are accusing my parents of not doing that.

Second of all futurama premiered in 1999, so I was not a toddler. I was 7 or 8. You of all people with your high and mighty attitude should have known that. I had no interest in the show back then, nor do I have any interest in it now, now that I am older and have tried to give the show another chance.
Dude I am not fighting with you about this. The conversation ends here. Sorry If I offended you in any way.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If it's as good as Futurama then yeah, sure, I'll give it a shot.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I think it looks spectacular! it has 3D like Futurama which makes sense Rough Draft is doing the animation! Rough Draft did the animation for Futurama! I always thought Futurama's animation was way better then the Simpsons because of the 3D !!!