Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
These threads we've been doing are filled with examples of the left preferring to pass a kidney stone rather than ever admit they've been wrong about something.
Hey, I pointed it out before: even much of the left was against the idea of Obama opening our borders to Syrian refugees that were fleeing their native land to come here for safety - even they said that was a bad move, because it was just going to be an open door for terrorists to slip in undetected and wreck havoc on the country. Obama's own party.

And again, look at the examples of sexual harassment and assault against politicians: where the right has been rallying behind people like Moore and even their president in light of the allegations against them, the left was quick to condemn Franken for his actions and pressured him to resign. Again, his own party. But when it's someone on the right? "Whatever sexual immorality went on is between that person and God, it's none of our business." Yeah, uh-huh.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey, I pointed it out before: even much of the left was against the idea of Obama opening our borders to Syrian refugees that were fleeing their native land to come here for safety - even they said that was a bad move, because it was just going to be an open door for terrorists to slip in undetected and wreck havoc on the country. Obama's own party.
I'm honestly not sure how much of the left felt that way.

where the right has been rallying behind people like Moore and even their president in light of the allegations against them, the left was quick to condemn Franken for his actions and pressured him to resign.
That is extremely recent. The left has harbored horrible people in the past (and continues to on other issues). And they were stupid to think what Franken did compared to Moore or Trump. And embarrassed themselves by thinking getting rid of him would somehow get rid of Trump. And don't tell me anyone in Hollywood was shocked and stunned by Weinstein. They have zero credibility at this point, yet they're laughably leading the movement now. And by the same token, Republicans have gotten rid of horrible people in the past. Lately, both parties have simply gotten more partisan. But that's very recent history.

And let's not forget that Moore lost. A lot of people owe Alabama something of an apology.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure how much of the left felt that way.
Well, as I said, even they were condemning Obama for that move. Obama was insisting that allowing people a safe haven away from war ravaging their homeland is the American thing to do . . . and ordinarily, yeah, that would be not only an American thing to do, but even a Biblical thing to do as well. However, the stigma that all Middle Easterners/Muslims are terrorists never went away - not even when Obama was President, so both sides were condemning him for this move, saying it would give real terrorists the opportunity to slip into the country undetected and rein terror on us.
And they were stupid to think what Franken did compared to Moore or Trump. And embarrassed themselves by thinking getting rid of him would somehow get rid of Trump.
Uhhh . . . I don't think trying to get rid of Trump was their reasoning for getting rid of Franken . . . but it still goes to show that when it comes to something like this, Republicans may be loyal through and through, regardless of how unthinkable and morally reprehensible the things somebody did, as long as they're Republican, they're okay; the left, Democrats, on the other hand, don't care who you are, or what side of the political aisle you're on, they don't tolerate such crap.
And let's not forget that Moore lost. A lot of people owe Alabama something of an apology.
Maybe so, but much of Alabama still wanted him.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Uhhh . . . I don't think trying to get rid of Trump was their reasoning for getting rid of Franken . . .
Absolutely. They thought if they were seen as taking the high ground, it would trigger a reaction against Trump. They wanted Franken to fall on his sword, they did that with Hillary to help Obama, and then with Bernie to help Hillary.

but it still goes to show that when it comes to something like this, Republicans may be loyal through and through, regardless of how unthinkable and morally reprehensible the things somebody did, as long as they're Republican, they're okay; the left, Democrats, on the other hand, don't care who you are, or what side of the political aisle you're on, they don't tolerate such crap.
You're just giving me your own propaganda now. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Absolutely. They thought if they were seen as taking the high ground, it would trigger a reaction against Trump. They wanted Franken to fall on his sword, they did that with Hillary to help Obama, and then with Bernie to help Hillary.
Actually, they wanted Hillary all along - even SNL poked fun of that way back when. What they did with Bernie, yeah, that wasn't cool - clearly the people wanted him, but the DNC clearly wanted Hillary . . . either way, neither of them were really ideal candidates, which is why I'm hoping that they can drum up a better selection in 2020 than a polarizing, personality-devoid old lady or an angry and bitter 200-year-old Jewish coot.
You're just giving me your own propaganda now. :wink:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Demonstration comes with an inherent risk. Most players are not rich. Only a few select team members are. Each player is already risking endorsement deals and possibly being traded or fired at season's end. An additional fine is egregious.
What world do you live in or what type of salary are you pulling down where you can honestly say this? The minimum salary for a rookie in the NFL is $480,000. Minimum salary for a 5 year NFL veteran is $790,000. I would guess 90%+ of Americans would love a salary like this. They would have to work 10+ years to make anywhere even near $480,000. Is that your definition of 'not rich'? And that doesn't take in to account 4 years of free college (and the under the table money) or even being coddled throughout high school because they were the star athlete.

And, finally, racism is a huge issue, but there's one that's even greater in the NFL. These players, most of them not paid like superstars, break their bodies and brains to the point of shorter and compromised lives afterward, yet fans still support the game. Most have a hard time with medical bills after retirement. I will not. I do not. I will never care about a game that does that to players and their families.

Play Ball (or don't).
Wrong again. Most players do pay a tremendous price physically for playing in the NFL. But have a hard time with medical bills? Hardly. Not true for today's players. Certainly true for players from the 50s, 60s or 70s but today's player's have tremendous benefits. And you make it sound as if the players are forced to play the game. They choose to play football. No one is forced to play it. And I would bet that if you ask just about any NFL alumni they would say that the benefits that they enjoyed from playing in the NFL far outweighs the risks. So to say that is an even greater issue than racism is just odd.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that if the nazis marching in the streets would be doing it while on their employer's dime there would be consequences. And that is the distinction. The NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem are doing it while on the company dime. Now if the NFL would start fining players if they protest on their own free time I'd be up in arms about it. But if you chose to work for the NFL (or any employer), I'm sorry, but they get to set the work rules. That's the way life works

RIGHTWINGER: Black people need to go back to Africa.
LEFTWINGER: That's racist.
RIGHTWINGER: No, you're racist for thinking what I said is racist.

RIGHTWINGER: Women belong in the kitchen and the bedroom.
LEFTWINGER: That's sexist.
RIGHTWINGER: No, you're sexist for thinking what I said is sexist.

RIGHTWINGER: Gay people are destroying the fabric of our society with their mere existence.
LEFTWINGER: That's homophobic.
RIGHTWINGER: It's in the Bible.
LEFTWINGER: So is loving your neighbor as yourself, and doing unto others as you would have them do unto you.
RIGHTWINGER: Stop cherry-picking the Bible you godless ****** and go to H377.

RIGHTWINGER: My rights are being infringed! This isn't about race, this isn't about guns, this isn't about any of that stuff! They're trying to take our freedoms away from us!
LEFTWINGER: You're the ones making it about race, guns, and all that other stuff.
RIGHTWINGER: No we're not, you are, because you always have to push your political agendas!

RIGHTWINGER: The left wants to take away our guns!
LEFTWINGER: We never said that, you're making that up as a scare-tactic.
RIGHTWINGER: No we're not, you're the ones using scare-tactics!

RIGHTWINGER: You have to respect my president, worship my God, speak my language, and live my life, or you don't belong here!
LEFTWINGER: People are free to do as they wish.
RIGHTWINGER: Quick shoving your lifestyles down our throats all the time!

RIGHTWINGER: Obama's not my President, he's a black Muslim trying to destroy America from within and turn us all into a Muslim nation and making us a laughing stock in the world.
LEFTWINGER: Whatever. Trump's not my President, he's got no policital experience and isn't qualified for Office.
RIGHTWINGER: OHMIGOD!!! HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! HE'S DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU CAN GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY FOR ALL YOU CARE!
No hyperbole here. No sir. That would just be wrong here and somebody I'm sure would point it out. Unless of course . . . .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really hope this is fake liberal news (yes, I know this joke has been overdone; I'm not in the best mood today and it's gotten worse after hearing this):

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...-inappropriate-behavior-by-8-women/ar-AAxKVvc
I’m done with metoo and its trial by media. Inappropriate behavior can mean a lot of different things to different women. Very, very few of these cases resemble anything like Weinstein. Our society needs to start using its brain again.