Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Similarly, while (quality, American-made) playing cards are made from paper, that paper is a combination of hard woods, soft woods, and also linen.

But anyway, today I learned that apparently rosacea can even affect black people . . . given that it's known as "The Curse of the Celts," I honestly thought it only affected people of Celtic descent (i.e. yours truly).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
OK so, when I was researching different fandoms the other day (idk why, I was just bored) I came across some shippy South Park art. Upon further inspection, I saw that the fluff fan art, the romantic fan fics, the shipping, that pretty much seems to be almost the entire fandom now. The show has a lot of young liberal fans, usually in their teens to very early twenties, and they are often female. I was expecting a lot of slightly cynical, apolitical 25-30 year olds. Something more like the Daria crowd, as opposed to a slightly more rebellious Steven Universe crowd.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Originally, Nathan Lane wasn’t supposed to play Officer Meany in the Letters To Santa special. Stanley Tucci was.

But Stanley had a last minute family emergency and Lane stepped in for him instead.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
After effects, for whatever reason, does not like underlining words. :rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
A couple days ago I learned @mariolover apparently was Pokemonfanultimate on the Muppet wiki (in fairness though, it also took me awhile to learn he was drsuesslover on YouTube).

It also took me to figure out who @Bliffenstimmers really was.