Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That could be any witch though. Doesn't have to be related to Margret Hamilton.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Don't mind me asking but which article was this?
Well, I've had trouble finding the article in question, even with Google search, but tonight I found it, or an article like it: https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...me-Workshop-Library-Including-35-Years-Sesame

This article is from 2004, and I previously thought it was from 1999 or 2000 (I could have remembered wrong), and I kinda feel like it talked more about making digital copies of every episode (for example, I feel like it said something about preserving every episode being more like maintaining an archive than just preserving the many clips that got re-inserted into many episodes).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's especially odd about the program guides at CTW Archives not containing info on episodes 846 and 847 is that the guide for the last week of season 11 says that people can re-use their old guides for the reruns and that a schedule is included for when the reruns will air. Considering that, I'm surprised they would print out new copies of the old program guides.

By the way, Muppet Wiki now has info on episode 846 (from trusted sources).

Last week the wiki added a full guide for a season 11 episode, after seeing all those season 11 guides I wondered if it was a full rundown (even if a lot of segments weren't detailed beyond what they're supposed to teach), so I looked and saw that some segments in the episode are not noted in the guide in any way, a handful of segments are in a different order, and there's at least one instance where a topic is mentioned as having four segments but only has two (whether back-to-back-to-back or spread out). And THEN I noticed small print on the pages saying that those program guides were compiled before the final edits and that some segments would be listed in a different order or not appear in the final broadcast at all.

Hmm, now I wonder if Sesame Workshop continued to send out program guides during rerun season, for those who might not have had them, and if they'd edit accordingly (like, if segments were in a different order from the final broadcast, would they correct them before sending new copies?).

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
^ A petition seems useless; honestly the best thing I can think of is contacting Caroll Spinney, but it is so obscure and he probably has no say in it. You know what though, I'd imagine he owns a tape of this, though obviously he's probably forbidden to release it.
I think @Blue Frackle might be right. Caroll is indeed forbidden from releasing it. I never asked him about having the tape while I met him at a comic con this year, but you know when you go to comic cons and try to get a celeb to do a voice recording or photo selfie, some of them will, and some of them won't. Depends on the contract they have with their agency.
So I assume Caroll IS forbidden from releasing the tape.

gravy

Reaction score
I think @Blue Frackle might be right. Caroll is indeed forbidden from releasing it. I never asked him about having the tape while I met him at a comic con this year, but you know when you go to comic cons and try to get a celeb to do a voice recording or photo selfie, some of them will, and some of them won't. Depends on the contract they have with their agency.
So I assume Caroll IS forbidden from releasing the tape.
Who knows if he even has it though?

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Who knows if he even has it though?
Yup, we don't know IF Caroll has it. That's the point, I'm just saying IF he had the tape. That was Blue Frackle's assumption/educated guess. Caroll might not really have the tape anyway.

gravy

Reaction score
Yup, we don't know IF Caroll has it. That's the point, I'm just saying IF he had the tape. That was Blue Frackle's assumption/educated guess. Caroll might not really have the tape anyway.
Yep.