When you need to rant...

cjd874

Reaction score
Okay, as much as I love going to concerts, you know what I hate?

Demanding people or people who can't keep their hands to themselves.

This one woman behind me wanted me to sit down cause she couldn't see.

*****, it's a ******* concert, people are gonna stand. Got an issue? ******* join the crowd and stand as well. You're taller than me, quit your ********.
Yeah, I once saw a video of Elton John chewing out security guards for making people sit down at a concert. Another time, Billy Joel directly called out a concertgoer who was causing a hubbub: "Excuse me sir, don't tell those people to sit down if they want to stand up. If you want to stand up, STAND UP!"

A lot of people at concerts don't care about other people around them...they just do whatever they want. But live concert protocol/rules must be followed so that everyone has the best possible experience.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was at an Art Garfunkel mini-concert, and he got miffed when people were leaving the venue to go to the bathroom.

Similarly, I saw Bob Newhart once, and he also playfully lashed out at someone whose cellphone kept ringing. And he also bantered with a lady who heckled him because she said his old Driving Instructor routine was sexist.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yeah, I once saw a video of Elton John chewing out security guards for making people sit down at a concert. Another time, Billy Joel directly called out a concertgoer who was causing a hubbub: "Excuse me sir, don't tell those people to sit down if they want to stand up. If you want to stand up, STAND UP!"

A lot of people at concerts don't care about other people around them...they just do whatever they want. But live concert protocol/rules must be followed so that everyone has the best possible experience.
Way back in 1967 (when the Grateful Dead were fairly new) Bob Weir encouraged the audience to take their chairs, fold them up, place them on the ground, and dance on them. The audience had a good time, but the promoter and security got bent out of shape.

Those poor defenseless little chairs were getting danced on!!! Oh, the horror!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Those poor defenseless little chairs were getting danced on!!! Oh, the horror!!
Well, I suppose if the chairs got damaged as a result, who do you suppose would end up having to pay to replace them?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The band probably paid for it (they were in debt for years.)
But once they got their act together the Dead became one of the highest-grossing bands ever. They never sold many records, but they could sell out stadiums. In the last 8 years of their career (1987-95) it wasn't a matter of if they sold out, but how fast.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, my external hard drive has been making the eject noise then starting back up, then constantly repeating itself over and over.

I swear to God, I'm going to be so mad if it ends up crapping on me soon. I literally cannot afford a new external hard drive right now....