The What Was That Obscure Kid Show? Thread

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I have two I'd like to talk about:
-One of them I'd only seen in the form a little toy while I was shopping one day but I remember thinking it was adorable and would love to use a picture of it one of my videos. It was this little blue Smurf-looking guy who I believe was called Moogle. I can't remember the rest of his name but it was a meaningful name that had something to do with his feet (I believe he may have had magical shoes or some foot-related power which was basically his main character trait). It wasn't Moogle from Final Fantasy because I know what that cute little critter looks like and it bares no resemblance to what I'm thinking of. I only read the brief character description that was available on the box of this toy but I do remember thinking it was somewhat funny when I was young due to how bizarre and unbelievably silly the concept sounded to me.
-The next one was a Hannukah-related kid show about puppets that looked almost Muppet-y teaching about Jewish culture. I believe it was a one off special rather than an entire series but I can vaguely recall a menorah song in there. I remember thinking it was a very good idea to teach kids of other faiths about Jewish culture at a young age and it was a very cute, well made video. But I can't remember what it was called.
Is the second one possibly The Puzzle Place's Christmas special?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The show this creepypasta is referring to sounds really familiar. To the point where I'm almost positive it actually existed. Not only do I vaguely remember the show in question, I also used to quote the Boogeyman character all the time when I was a kid. I pretty much made the Boogeyman's catchphrase,
"Here comes the Boogeyman,
The Boogeyman will always come,
The Boogeyman is scared of none!" into somewhat of a recurring quote in our household. We even have footage of me when I was like 9 or 10 years old wearing a werewolf mask and saying that quote repeatedly. I mean, If the show isn't real, where else would I have heard that quote? Does anybody recall something similar to this:
https://www.wattpad.com/35161646-creepy-pasta-collection-just-a-children's-show

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Not a kid's show, but does anybody remember an adult swim show about a guy in a pink bunny suit who lived in somebody's house? It was a live action/costumed character hybrid sitcom that first aired around the same era as other kid show parodies like Wonder Showzen and Triumph the Insult Dog. I don't know why but for some reason, I think the bunny may have been played by Seth Green.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Not a kid's show, but does anybody remember an adult swim show about a guy in a pink bunny suit who lived in somebody's house? It was a live action/costumed character hybrid sitcom that first aired around the same era as other kid show parodies like Wonder Showzen and Triumph the Insult Dog. I don't know why but for some reason, I think the bunny may have been played by Seth Green.
Greg the Bunny?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
There's a really old puppet show from another country (probably France) that I cannot find any evidence of online despite having seen it many years ago. It was all done in blacklight and the puppets were marionettes. The characters included a little girl, an old man, a big ugly wolf, and a bunch of little mushroom-like creatures (in fact, the show always started with these mushroom guys singing). I used to catch it on the International Channel on early Saturday mornings back in 2004-05. I don't know the exact year this show came out, but as it's shot on film (and in color), my guess is it's from the 1960s.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I recently read the creepypasta story Corradine's Candelabra and it gave me a vague memory of some show I remember seeing when I was a kid. I believe it was on either Nick Jr. or Noggin (?) and it was about a little girl who went on all these cute, interesting imaginary adventures in her own room. I believe there was a talking candle in this show also. The only episode I slightly remember was most likely a Halloween special that involved three silly looking ghosts that almost resembled the Boos from Super Mario floating around in her basement or something. Now that I think about it, the anthropomorphic candle that I mentioned earlier could've been just a one episode thing as it may have had something to do with the ghosts. Ghosts making objects float around is an incredibly popular trope in those type of Halloween episodes so I wouldn't be surprised if the forementioned candle wasn't a recurring character. That image of the three Boo-esque ghosts has been popping in my head at random times for years now. It's just SO vivid but yet I can't remember practically anything else about the show. It's been driving me crazy for a while now and I just wanted to know if ANYBODY possibly recognizes what I'm talking about. That one vague memory honestly inspired me to come up with a fake [adult swim] show idea a few years ago called "Three Ghosties". It involved a trio of ghosts that play pranks on celebrities much in the vein of something like Punk'd except the animated version. So if I ever do end up pitching that idea to [adult swim] and it becomes successful, I need to know what the heck the show I'm basing it off of was called. I can't just be on stage holding an Emmy award saying,
"I would like to thank the creator of...….y'know, that one show with ghosts for giving me the idea to create Three Ghosties," lol jk :stick_out_tongue:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing a character on PBS show (not Sesame Street but a different one) that was a puppet goldfish that would pop up out of the water and say random things. I always thought he was from Teletubbies but I did research and found no mention of such a character. I also asked my mom recently if she remembers seeing a goldfish character on Teletubbies and she told me that the only non-Teletubby character she remembers from the show aside from the Sun Baby is Noo-Noo.

I don't know what I could possibly be thinking of. I don't think it was a show in of itself but rather a recurring sketch or running gag on an already established show. Maybe it was from Between the Lions or something like that. I'm not sure and I was wondering if anybody could help me out here.

It wasn't any variation of the goldfish from The Cat in the Hat btw.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I remember this scene from a cartoon (probably an adult cartoon) where two people like people came into a kid's room. One of them was a blue feline-like creature and the other one almost resembled Grover.

The kid (who I'm pretty sure was one of those Stewie or Eric Cartman-style "evil child" characters) tapped on the feline puppet's shoulder and said something vulgar, most likely "F**k off" or something like that and the cat puppet pinched him really hard before running back in the closet and giving him the middle finger afterwards.

I remember cracking up so hard when I first saw this scene as a kid. I assumed for the longest time though that I'd just dreamed it because it seemed so out of the ordinary to show two puppets randomly barging into a character's room at night for no reason. I mean, talk about a big lipped alligator moment!

Recently though, my friends and I sometimes film these videos where we look up creepypastas and other such stories (generally horror/sci-fi related stuff) we find online and joke around about them. Kind of like Tosh.0 but only we criticize writing instead of videos. Well, we found this one story called "The Puppet People" where a real person claims that a similar thing happened to him growing up. My friend looked over at me and said,

"He totally plagiarized that from a cartoon, didn't he?"

I was shocked that someone else remembered that scene. Although unfortunately he couldn't remember the name of the show it came from either.

It's also worth noting that the cat one looked A LOT like the cat from Allegra's Window. It may have been a reference to that perhaps.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
What sketch show was this from?

I remember seeing a parody of Oswald on TV a long time ago where Oswald, Daisy, and that little wiener dog character were sitting on a boat together. Daisy sarcastically points out that Oswald is an octopus so it makes no sense for him to wear a life preserver. She then pushes him into the water out of curiosity as to what would happen and accidentally ends up killing him in the process.

That totally sounds like something they'd do on MAD but sure enough I dug through the entire catalog of sketches on MAD Wiki today and couldn't find anything about an Oswald sketch.

I don't believe it was Family Guy either because I highly doubt the 80s cartoon obsessed writers of that show are even aware of Oswald's existence. I just think that such a reference seems a bit too out of left field for the typical Family Guy viewer seeing as how the show generally tends to cater to the those who grew up in the He-Man generation of cartoons with it's references.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
There's a really old puppet show from another country (probably France) that I cannot find any evidence of online despite having seen it many years ago. It was all done in blacklight and the puppets were marionettes. The characters included a little girl, an old man, a big ugly wolf, and a bunch of little mushroom-like creatures (in fact, the show always started with these mushroom guys singing). I used to catch it on the International Channel on early Saturday mornings back in 2004-05. I don't know the exact year this show came out, but as it's shot on film (and in color), my guess is it's from the 1960s.
Did it have anything to do with Little Red Riding Hood perhaps? A little girl and a big ugly wolf reminds me of that story.