The Secret Knock

Frodis

Reaction score
Hey!

Does anyone remember a SS Muppet sketch from the 70's where three criminal type anything Muppets are at their hideout. Two of them leave and tell the third (nervous looking) one not to open the door unless he hears the secret knock. I think it was 3 knocks. Anyhow, while they're gone, the 3rd nervous Muppet talks to the camera and mulls over possibly forgetting what the knock was. The other two muppets return and knock once, then twice, then three times. Each time, the nervous one says "Was that the secret knock?" Eventually, the other two muppets start pounding on the door and the nervous one gets scared and runs out the back. I believe Jim Henson was voicing the nervous Muppet in a voice similar to Ernie's. I wish I could see this sketch again!

Frodis

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't remember that one, but, uh...hey, bud, would you like to buy an "O?"

ssetta

Reaction score
It's on one of my old tapes, which I haven't looked at for awhile. I think what happened was, the first time, they remember the 3 knocks, and the guy comes in. And then, they try it on them, and they keep saying, "3 knocks? I don't think so, was it... No, it wasn't 3 knocks?" And the person waiting keeps pounding on the door, and I can't remember if they ever get in.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I sure do remember it and wish they would bring it back, it was funny.
my mom and I got a good laugh out of it. The one guy was forgetful as forgetful jones.

ssetta

Reaction score
Sorry to say, they would never bring something like that back. Even I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it here.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I vaguely remember that. Muppet Central makes me realise how much sesame street I watched when I was young, I never thought I was into it but when I think back, I loved the show and thats probably the thing that made me love puppets so much.

Puppets have always been in my life.

:smile: