None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Then I invite everyone to come to Noo Joisey for the rest of the week.

The highest it's been all week was 75 degrees. Yes, you heard me right, 75 degrees.
No humidity, nice breeze. People are hitting the shore, which is fine and dandy, but the water is still freezing. For mid-June, weather conditions like this are unheard-of.

Global warming, my a$$!

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Up here, it's supposed to get up to 95 - 100 degrees this Sunday. :grouchy: At least our duplex has air conditioning.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Global warming, my a$$!
That's why it's called "Climate Change" now, because "Global Warming" is actually a bit of a misleading term, because Climage Change doesn't necessarily always entail warming temperatures, it can also apply to other meterological and atmospheric phenomena, such as an increase in extreme and severe storms during spring and summer (bigger, more destructive hurricanes or tornadoes and such), and even more intense and frigid blizzards and snowstorms in winter (even Florida had traces of snow in the winter of 2010-11).

That being said, today was day three of what's apparently a four-day stretch of below average conditions, then starting Friday, we're back into the 90s, and it looks like we'll stay there for the rest of the month . . . I was thinking about wearing my I Was Raised On The Street t-shirt again to see Steve Whitmire, while also bringing along my new Mario and Luigi shirt to see Charles Martinet at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo at the end of the month, but it's still in the 90s then, forget it - they're both heavyweight t-shirts that are dark brown and black . . . not exactly heat-friendly colors to wear.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's why it's called "Climate Change" now, because "Global Warming" is actually a bit of a misleading term, because Climage Change doesn't necessarily always entail warming temperatures, it can also apply to other meterological and atmospheric phenomena, such as an increase in extreme and severe storms during spring and summer (bigger, more destructive hurricanes or tornadoes and such), and even more intense and frigid blizzards and snowstorms in winter (even Florida had traces of snow in the winter of 2010-11).

That being said, today was day three of what's apparently a four-day stretch of below average conditions, then starting Friday, we're back into the 90s, and it looks like we'll stay there for the rest of the month . . . I was thinking about wearing my I Was Raised On The Street t-shirt again to see Steve Whitmire, while also bringing along my new Mario and Luigi shirt to see Charles Martinet at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo at the end of the month, but it's still in the 90s then, forget it - they're both heavyweight t-shirts that are dark brown and black . . . not exactly heat-friendly colors to wear.
"I was raised on the street"? I got the exact same shirt! 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's what I wore when I met the SS cast back in October.

Like I said, I was also considering wearing it again for Steve Whitmire, but if the weather say otherwise, I'm not gonna kill myself - the parking garage is a couple of blocks from the convention center, not to mention the convention center doesn't have very adequate air conditioning, I'll probably already be hot, sweaty, and overly pink (as you can see in this pic) as it is.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Like I said, I was also considering wearing it again for Steve Whitmire, but if the weather say otherwise, I'm not gonna kill myself - the parking garage is a couple of blocks from the convention center, not to mention the convention center doesn't have very adequate air conditioning, I'll probably already be hot, sweaty, and overly pink (as you can see in this pic) as it is.
Nice photo! :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

You know what's neat? I met Carroll on three different occasions, and he always wears something with a little green in it. Even if it's hot out, he'll still have his green suede jacket with him.