Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The new Bumblebee movie trailer is out and it actually looks like it could be decent...

I mean, the writers and the director at least look like they kind of know what they're doing. I mean, not ugly cinematography, a female main character who isn't overly sexualized, less in your face product placement, no American flags and weird, over the top patriotism, no unnecessary explosions (as far as we know), oh, and most importantly- no Michael Bay!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, so far, I'm surprised by the positive reception to the release of the trailer for the new live-action DUMBO . . . I mean, aren't people getting sick of Disney's live action remakes, sequels, prequels, sidequels, whatever?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
its tim burton. that's the only reason people are being positive

i think people forget tim burton hasnt actually had a good movie ever, and the nightmare before christmas wasnt his movie despite his name being on it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE was his directoral debut. That was good.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
its tim burton. that's the only reason people are being positive

i think people forget tim burton hasnt actually had a good movie ever, and the nightmare before christmas wasnt his movie despite his name being on it
I always like Edward Scissorhands.....

mr3urious

Reaction score
Let's not forget Ed Wood. And I feel that his stop-motion remake of Frankenweenie was a nice return to form. I've also been hearing good stuff about Big Eyes.