Learn Something New Everyday Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've learned some people literally can't move on from high school life and don't want to grow up.

To be honest, I've thought of cleaning up just a good portion of people I once knew from high school.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've learned some people literally can't move on from high school life and don't want to grow up.

To be honest, I've thought of cleaning up just a good portion of people I once knew from high school.
If people acted like this 30 years ago, they would've been laughed at, shamed, ridiculed, embarrassed, the whole nine. The whole purpose after graduating high school is to move on to the next phase of your life.

Here are your options:
College.
Military.
Joining the family business.
Joining the workforce.
Technical school (usually started in high school Vo-Tech) to learn a trade- become a plumber, electrician, carpenter, mason, mechanic, etc.

Each of these require discipline. Each of these require commitment. Each of them require getting off your duff and doing something. Excuses not acceptable.

By the time we were 18, we were ready to grow up. Everybody in my generation seemed geared for being independent, going out and making money, move away from home, get our own place, start our own lives. Our parents wanted that for us. We wanted it for us even more.

Not growing up? You're not going to have much of a future.
I'm sorry, but not growing up goes against just about everything people my age stand for and worked so hard for. If you can't act grown up at an age you're supposed to, I'm not going to have much respect for you.

Did I mention excuses don't count in life?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently my town just ranked 36 in the top 50 worst cities to live in in America. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Crime and poverty.

Admittedly, I can kind of attest to the latter: homeless vagrants hang around my neighborhood all the time, and there's a spot downtown with nothing but homeless people like ants on a puddle of sugar water.