The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel: It's a shame that Caroll's wrapping up convention appearances. I don't know how his health is, we haven't heard much about that, for obvious reasons, it's not our business. But I'm glad he's not shutting himself off in the last few years in his life and he's getting out there and talking to his fans. He's such a great giving guy, who's so good to his fans and this now confirms it.
Steve Swanson: Well, ever since I Am Big Bird came out, his name has been out there more, and he does these conventions and he's so nice to fans. He signs things, he draws things, and his wife Debi comes with him, they're a lovely couple. I hope people go out and see Caroll for the first time, for the last time, however many times he wants to do this, go see Caroll Spinney.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I really do appreciate all the work JD Hansel and Steve Swanson do as Muppet podcasters, but I can't believe even though they met Steve Whitmire and claimed he was one of the nicest people ever, they changed their mind just because they believe the stories of why he was fired, as evidenced in this quote.
JD: I think we established that Steve Whitmire's time is pretty much done. I don't see him going out in public anymore, I don't know if he'd be comfortable with that and I don't think fans would be comfortable seeing him.
Steve: You're wrong! SW is in fact gonna be appearing in front of actual fans at conventions across the US this summer.
JD: I'm not hung up on how it's possible for SW to be appearing at conventions this summer, I'm mostly focused on "Why?"
Steve: He actually has the same representation as Bob McGrath and Caroll Spinney.
JD: Again, why?
Steve: IDK.
JD: I'm not crazy about SW going to these conventions, I don't think it's a good idea.
Steve: It's weird, right?
JD: The whole thing feels weird, I don't like it.
Steve: On the plus-side, he hasn't blogged in for-flipping-ever.
JD: Alright, go team! So I'm tempted to say "Don't see him, don't hear him out", but honestly guys, go see him.
Steve: Yeah, really.
JD: This is gonna be fun.
Steve: This could be good.
JD: I need you guys to report back to me on where he is right now. On what level of the rabbit hole has he reached? I wanna know. Please tell me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still planning on seeing him. Why pass up on such an opportunity?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I really do appreciate all the work JD Hansel and Steve Swanson do as Muppet podcasters, but I can't believe even though they met Steve Whitmire and claimed he was one of the nicest people ever, they changed their mind just because they believe the stories of why he was fired, as evidenced in this quote.
JD: I think we established that Steve Whitmire's time is pretty much done. I don't see him going out in public anymore, I don't know if he'd be comfortable with that and I don't think fans would be comfortable seeing him.
Steve: You're wrong! SW is in fact gonna be appearing in front of actual fans at conventions across the US this summer.
JD: I'm not hung up on how it's possible for SW to be appearing at conventions this summer, I'm mostly focused on "Why?"
Steve: He actually has the same representation as Bob McGrath and Caroll Spinney.
JD: Again, why?
Steve: IDK.
JD: I'm not crazy about SW going to these conventions, I don't think it's a good idea.
Steve: It's weird, right?
JD: The whole thing feels weird, I don't like it.
Steve: On the plus-side, he hasn't blogged in for-flipping-ever.
JD: Alright, go team! So I'm tempted to say "Don't see him, don't hear him out", but honestly guys, go see him.
Steve: Yeah, really.
JD: This is gonna be fun.
Steve: This could be good.
JD: I need you guys to report back to me on where he is right now. On what level of the rabbit hole has he reached? I wanna know. Please tell me.
I used to listen to their podcast, but then I just stopped because they get on my nerves. :rolleyes: Like seriously, they complain about everything. I don't particularly like spending my time listening to negative people. I know it's their opinion, but... :smirk:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I used to listen to their podcast, but then I just stopped because they get on my nerves. :rolleyes: Like seriously, they complain about everything. I don't particularly like spending my time listening to negative people. I know it's their opinion, but... :smirk:
They need to look at current Muppet projects like Jarrod, just accept that it's not as great as the old stuff but, accept what you're getting. But my point is, Steve Whitmire might feel terrible if he heard them saying those things after they met him 3 years prior.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Far as I'm concerned, Steve is a cool guy and I grew up listening to his voice as Kermit and Ernie among other characters. Disney can go **** themselves for firing him in the first place, and this is one of the many reasons I lost respect for them as a company.