Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
A lot of people skip over the Old Testament and just concentrate on the New. (How they can pass over Psalms and Proverbs is beyond me).
Many of them are on the right track about following Jesus. Being kind to others, helping the poor, all that is important.
But there's one step in being Christ-like many miss out on.

On many occasions, especially when his end was near, Jesus went off alone to pray for wisdom and guidance.
When the Pharisees were going to stone the woman for being a prostitute, Jesus knelt down and drew in the sand, but he was also asking God how to handle the situation. After a few minutes of making them wait, he urged,"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Spared the woman her life, and the gang broke up.

But that last little part about praying for guidance, as small as it seems, it's necessary to complete the equation.
The trick is that, with some people, it's difficult for them to decipher the voice of God from their own ego. Usually, the right thing to do is the hardest thing to do, but not always.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Hey there folks, it's YA BOI

Time for some great fun with depression and suicide and reading this was the worst thing I could've done tonight because now i'm bummed but hey that's Thunder for ya and **** everything :smile:

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1008232443667763200

keep on rotting
keep on hoping
keep on dreaming
one day
maybe
keep on rotting
keep on hoping
cuz in the real world we ROT

TTFN - Ta Ta For Now!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Hey there folks, it's YA BOI

Time for some great fun with depression and suicide and reading this was the worst thing I could've done tonight because now i'm bummed but hey that's Thunder for ya and **** everything :smile:

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1008232443667763200

keep on rotting
keep on hoping
keep on dreaming
one day
maybe
keep on rotting
keep on hoping
cuz in the real world we ROT

TTFN - Ta Ta For Now!
Heartbreaking. Every LGBTQ child here lives with the fear of being found out, rejected and to be homeless. It is so much more than this in other countries. We forget, or don't think about, that. People quibble about just how much LGBTQ people count as a minority without thinking that - right now - many are in a terrible situation with no discernible way out. This kind of prejudice crosses the lines of race, gender, and religion. These are truly forgotten people. This Pride month, I encourage everybody here to take a little extra care with the LGBTQ individuals in their path in order to make them know that they are equals in your presence. A little bit goes a long way.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
In recognition of Pride Month, I offer a track off my best friend's album. It's hardcore (and largely humorous) rap, but this is, more or less, the most PG rated song on the album. This is an anthem for every queer youth who's felt marginalized. Also, I created the album cover illustration. While this particular song does't quite warrant a parental advisory, the others do so please be mindful of that. This is a proactive and uplifting song. One that recounts our history and struggles and offers hope. We Can Work It Out. :flirt:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Where I live, we have a very weird pot filled of people. People at my school are well aware of racism and racist language and sexist language and bigoted stuff... you know. And for that very reason people use it. Because screw it, if it ticks people off then let’s do it. There’s not an ounce of ill intent behind it. It’s a knowledge of why people get miffed and doing it anyway. Everyone is pretty much accepted, no one is offended, and it portrays people in a very different light than social media and such wanna spin it. One could make an argument that it’s bad, but honestly I find it quite refreshing. I dunno. Interesting country, this.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Where I live, we have a very weird pot filled of people. People at my school are well aware of racism and racist language and sexist language and bigoted stuff... you know. And for that very reason people use it. Because screw it, if it ticks people off then let’s do it. There’s not an ounce of ill intent behind it. It’s a knowledge of why people get miffed and doing it anyway. Everyone is pretty much accepted, no one is offended, and it portrays people in a very different light than social media and such wanna spin it. One could make an argument that it’s bad, but honestly I find it quite refreshing. I dunno. Interesting country, this.
Different audiences for different things. Some things are truly regional and some talk, among friends who are on the same page, is expected. But on the larger stage, it's different. Going to a random place with random people and using the N word is not okay. There is a difference. And even when you think you're in one of these places where such talk is agreed upon, sometimes that isn't really the case. I guess it all comes down to core mindfulness. When you make the attempt to truly be connected to your surroundings (and that means people) it usually becomes quite different.

jvcarroll

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well hey, when I was in school, we used words like "f@gg0+" and "r3+@rd" when

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well hey, when I was in school, we used words like "f@gg0+" and "r3+@rd" when
They still do. I embrace the word f*ggot for myself. I reclaim it as something affirming. It's like if someone yells, "Hey, f*ggot!" across the street. They might as well just say, "Hey, blondie! You're so friggin' blond!" It's like, um, sure. That's me! :big_grin: On one hand, we give far too much power to words; on the other hand, we give far too little considerations about the feelings of others. They might not have had the same kinds of experiences that have led us to our conclusion about the power of certain words. Theirs might have been far more brutal than ours. Then there are the people who will be offended for the sake of being offended or worse - feign being offended in order to shame a person into losing a disagreement.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
One of the best ways to start repairing the cracks in this country is to finally embrace words for what they are - to quote George Carlin, "They're only words!" If people stopped getting offended for every little thing and actually started accepting the language and allowing others to use it, people would get ticked off less, there'd be more happiness, and we'd finally learn to let these words exist and be done with it. If we don't accept that such language exists and people can say it, then all through life it's gonna be tough for you. Instead, just embrace them, stop policing language, and we might get somewhere. The less people look at such words as "foul", "corruptible", "offensive", etc, the faster we'll get on track to reaching a point where we can all live as one. We may even see a good decline in racism. "Blacks can say the N-word and I can't??" Y'know? IDK, I think it's time we put petty **** like language aside and actually let freedom of speech take place and we might see something good happen. Not that I'm advocating the use of bigoted terms outright, but if we get used to them their impact will lessen on us and they'll eventually just become another part of the English language. Y'know?