Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This is no longer a case about immigration, border security and immigrants. It's about a tantrum thrown by Pres Trump to get his useless and expensive wall instead of something that will actually keep us secure and safe. It's his ego and the congressional republicans fear of being primaried by Trump. This is the worst level of cowardice and will be a stain on this country's history. Every living first lady is against this new directive by the Trump white house.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't even know this was a thing. While I detest Sessions and especially his "quoting" the Bible to justify their position on immigration, this seems to be more of a political move or statement on the churches part. Not sure it will really go anywhere.
The UMC thinks supporting and/or keeping silent about this will forever tarnish their reputation. And they are correct.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Man, again I was all ready to vote Democrat in the mid terms. Then a Democrat just had to open their big mouth around me, lol. (Nobody here)

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
And it seems that Trump just doubled down on his original "Mexicans are rapists" speech. Every First Lady, every democrat and many prominent republicans are calling Trump and Sessions on this current behavior. This could be what turns the tide for the Trump administration. We'll see. Abusing children, and that's precisely what this policy does, is something most Americans will not support. This is the same way he deals with every issue and I hope that's exposed as well. This isn't about immigration. It isn't about America or making us safer. It's about Trump's ego and having some sort of literal (and useless) monument to his presidency. There is no Trump policy. There is only Trump and how he wants the world to praise him for being Trump.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I stopped watching Fox News (even with morbid curiosity) a long time ago, but this is how they are handling this. Some of these pundits have their own non-Fox News radio programs and publications, so this goes for the bulk of conservative media too. It's disappointing as it is shameful. We all, regardless of party, need to do better by this country so this kind of crap doesn't happen anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, just like how they say all these mass shootings are hoaxes that liberals stage as propaganda to push their anti-gun agendas, that the shooters are undercover politicos, that the survivors are all crisis actors, yada-yada-yada.
Abusing children, and that's precisely what this policy does, is something most Americans will not support.
Heck, even hardened criminals incarcerated in prison are like this! You can have murderers and rapists and perpetrators of the most henious and despicable crimes you can imagine, but harm to children - especially pedophilia - is where even they draw the line: it's no surprise that Jared the Subway guy has already gotten beaten and anything else you can imagine since being in prison.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yeah, just like how they say all these mass shootings are hoaxes that liberals stage as propaganda to push their anti-gun agendas, that the shooters are undercover politicos, that the survivors are all crisis actors, yada-yada-yada.
Heck, even hardened criminals incarcerated in prison are like this! You can have murderers and rapists and perpetrators of the most henious and despicable crimes you can imagine, but harm to children - especially pedophilia - is where even they draw the line: it's no surprise that Jared the Subway guy has already gotten beaten and anything else you can imagine since being in prison.
Quinnipiac poll cites 55% of republican support ripping these families apart. This is ignorance and hate. These people are not taking American jobs. There is no great spike of criminal activity of violence toward Americans by these immigrants. This is just misplaced anger by white nativists. This is what it always is - fear-based racism and it's ugly.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aaaaand yet another Democrat just had to open their big mouth at me, lol.

It's official. I'm doing a write in. Dems, you are on your own forever. Screw you. Forever.