Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's a couple of things I've just recently noticed about the carriage house in the Arbor: in Season 2, there's what appears to be some kind of diagonal support panel underneath the upper landing on the staircase; in Season 3, there's something like a floodlight hanging from the upper landing.

I don't see the light in this photo, but you can kind of see what I mean about that little diagonal support panel:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've actually wondered why the blue guy happens to be absent in some shots in this song:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I happened to notice how Chrissy's disco wig in "Body Rythyms" happens to be brown and not black, interestingly enough.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know how @D'Snowth pointed out how the lead oinker sister was modeled after Modonna during the 80's?

I would have to say the blonde one clearly looks like she was modeled after Cyndi Lauper.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The 90s and the ATC era are noted for the slew of new characters they added, however, when you really think about it, the influx of new characters pretty much started in the 80s, and it seemed like it was mostly to give "Second Generation" Muppet Performers like Marty Robinson, Kevin Clash, David Rudman, and others their own characters. It was during this period that characters such as Hoots, the version of Elmo we all know, Dexter, Ferlinghetti Donizetti (Kevin characters), Buster, Ole Mac Donald, Shelley (Marty characters), Flo Bear, Athena (David characters) and others were popping up quite often.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that my scale model is lit, it's brought to mind something I've noticed for a long time: the Street had some rather poor lighting in the beginning, and that was something that lasted well through the 70s and into the 80s . . . but by the mid-80s, the lighting slowly, yet gradually continued to get brighter and more balanced - except for a very brief period in the early 90s where certain parts of the Street seemed really dark and shadowy, like the Arbor area (which really made the backdrop behind the fence look like it was glowing unnaturally). But the brightening and balance certainly continued during the 90s and into the 2000s . . . and then, for whatever reason, by the mid-2000s, the lighting gradually got darker again. And, as has been a complaint of mine, particularly since Season 39, lighting is such that it makes Sesame Street look as if it's in a perpetual sunset - though that, I believe, can be attributed to whatever post-production process they go through with filming in HD, because the street looks so much brighter and sunnier in promotional and behind-the-scenes stills.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It honestly now just occured to me how Bert literally had little to no emotion in the first season.

I'm just glad while they still kept him as a serious character, he at least didn't sound so monotone-ish in season 2 onward.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the (former) SS.org upload of this song has some pretty bad gain?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, one thing that's pondered my mind for awhile.

So, you know how Big Jeffy was used in some of Little Chrissy's later songs? This is one thing that's pondered my mind.

For awhile, I wasn't sure which season "I Go to School" was from (I stupidly thought it was from season 22, 1) because I didn't even bother to check if the other songs were TV or album only on the Put down the Duckie casette, 2) I had no idea it was the start of an opening to an episode), until I found out it was the opening to the season 21 finale. So then it made me wonder if "Cluck Around the Clock" really was from season 22 or not (given the date being 1990, which I originally added in a long time ago after finding it from an old music catelouge website, but when it shut down, it made me kind of suspicious, especially since there were other instances that site wasn't always accurate with dates (it listed "You're Alive" as "1981"), but now that we know the first episode appearance was indeed a season 22 episode, it made me curious. Both Little Chrissy songs from season 21 ("Startin' Kindergarten" and "I Go to School") feature Big Jeffy with the group, then this one has the lavender Alphabeat back, and then the following season ("Gonna Rock You to Sleep") has Big Jeffy again.

Now, let's be honest, Sesame Workshop's continuity was never great, especially with reccuring characters. But it has made me wonder as well. Assuming the Alphabeats never got permanent puppets built (unlike other AM characters like The Count, the Amazing Mumford, etc), it made me curious. Did the accessories for the puppet get misplaced that season, or, assuming they DID build permanent puppets for the Alphabeats (which, again, I doubt), did the lavender puppet get misplaced those seasons?

It's a mystery.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So in "If I Knew You Were Coming," among the different ingredients Ernie begins to randomly grab and mix into the mixing bowl is a bag of sugar . . . but it's the only ingredient he actually doesn't mix into the bowl.

Also, it's actually fun to listen to the opening notes of "Batty Bat" at x1.5 speed.