Dealing with depression and anxiety

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I think I might have depression. I just feel down in the dumps right now for no real reason.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm glad it's only entailing you thinking you might have depression. I was there for a while until everything really collapsed all around me and I fell straight into the abyss. There's hope for you yet. Try to pull out if you can. If you can't... I'll always be here for you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think I might have depression. I just feel down in the dumps right now for no real reason.
If I have a suggestion, I would possibly consider seeing therapy. It didn't work too well for me when it felt like I was going through a quarter life crisis towards the end of 2017, but it could work for you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Lately the one thing that's been kind of stressing me out and making me feel a bit distant from my family, as I mentioned in another post, is them not minding their own business with my work life.

Look, my job's not paying, I get that, and I don't know when or if it will come to an end. But right now I enjoy my job and when I reach six months of working there (I'm not counting January or February anymore), I might ask if it's possible there will be future job openings. But right now I just want to focus on getting my resume built so I'll have more work options to go to.

It really aggrivates me that sometimes it feels like they try and rush my job plan and I have been close to just snapping at them a couple times.

And that's not something I like to do. Some of you have unfortunetely seen my ugly side on here when I'm having a crummy day and it puts a bad feeling on my shoulder (I am always quick to apologize at least). But, ugh.... Sometimes when you're frustrated with everything just the littlest thing can make you snap.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
There's still hope for you if you "think" you have depression; it's a little more than just being down in the dumps.

Like Jerry said, in 2012 I had a couple of counseling sessions for my own issues and they did absolutely nothing to help me - essentially, I was having intrusive thoughts and the therapist told me "to just not think about them"... what a friggin' waste, but just like anything else, it was a stepping stone in life.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The one I had didn't give me a good impression either.

Like, she told me to think about my sexuality (which I know what it is) and at one point thought I was afraid of growing up (not true at all).

I pretty much called in at the last minute cancelling my next appointment cause I just had no desire to go back there.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Hehe.

Nah, but in seriousness, it's mostly just me thinking about my future.

Like, right now I've been kind of paranoid that my job at mobile cuts might be ending soon, which I don't know if it is or not, but we still have a family barbecue we're going to plan on filming this summer and my boss hasn't really updated me on it which has been making me anxious.

Which sometimes just makes me feel paranoid that I'm gonna be let go soon.

Times like this I just hate having anxiety. :smirk: