Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly times like this I wonder who I have issues with more.

Dems or conservs. :search:

jvcarroll

Reaction score

I am angry with repubs, of course, but I'm most angry with the democrats for their ineffective methodology. Talk without action is just hot air. Our representatives need to go the radical route of DOING. We wonder how 1/3 of Germany harassed & exterminated another 1/3 of Germany while 1/3 silently let them. THIS is precisely how that happens. The rationalizations, the excuses, the claims of powerlessness against the system. The system is us in America. It is up to us to change this and that means citizens of all political persuasions. My hope is that dems and pubs get together and sort things out with a majority and force Trump's hand to stop this while passing some meaningful measures that protect both us and immigrants alike.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You see? This is why I say if you are old enough to care, but especially if you're of voting age, you can't afford to not care. No one can. Apathy can quite literally destroy lives.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Everyone from both parties is capable of this partisan, duplicitous behavior. The way you single out Republicans just ends up sounding like if someone said, "Oh you know those black people, they'll always stab you in the back!" Or the way Trump supporters go, "Just like a libtard, always lying!"
"The more you read about politics, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other".
--Will Rogers

Comparing the President of the United States to a Muppet is totally offensive, disrespectful, inappropriate, and downright insulting to the Muppets.

snichols1973

Reaction score
The Space Corps program?

Who remembers something similar during the Reagan adminstration called "Strategic Defense Initiative", nicknamed "Star Wars"? (No relation to the films).

The proposal for the U.S. to withdraw troops from South Korea in the vain hope of improving diplomatic relations with North Korea? Sounds like "appeasement" to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeasement

Back in 1938, British PM Neville Chamberlain and French Premier Edouard Daladier signed a treaty with Germany and Italy allowing Germany to take over the Sudetenland territory of Czechoslovakia. Chamberlain predicted that 'It is peace for our time". Sadly, after Germany invaded Czechoslovakia in 1939, Chamberlain's "time" would come to an end as Winston Churchill replaced him soon afterwards.

*sigh* The dangers of appeasement...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

Honestly, I feel like the Democrats are using Trump (and frankly, these immigrant children) to prop themselves up by default, rather than actually do anything to improve themselves as a party. I'm getting screamed at by insane Hillary voters for even daring to want a third party option. Or daring to even imply their party might be anything less than perfect. There are many Democrats out there who will not tolerate your presence unless you absolutely agree with them on every position. Even one disagreement is enough to isolate you forever. No, not all Democrats are like that obviously. But enough to where it has become a real problem for them. And us.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Trump's just signed an Executive Order ending the ripping immigrant families apart and taking children away from the parents, making this the . . . third or fourth decent thing he's done since Day One.

Heralde and I were just discussing what was the possibility that finally got Trump to take action? Was it the increasing outcry from those within the GOP speaking out against this (which I've yet to seen, but apparently others have), or is he trying to live up to his lie that this was all the Democrats' doing and he's trying to reverse "their" policy to show America that he'll undo whatever it is "they" did to ruin the country in the first place?

Either way . . . this finally some good news.