The Best/Worst Song Covers Thread

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The first like, nine Kidz Bop albums are the only ones I find especially terrible. The excessive censorship I never mind too much (KB as a whole is targeted towards super protective moms anyways) but the thing that gets me is the awful production. I just listened to the first album again out of curiosity, and the first few compilations must've had an abysmal budget because...well, they all sound like this:

They've got the quality of a garage coverband you'd see on Bandcamp. The way the kids chant "CHICKITY CHINA" at the 1:38 mark is also hilariously unsettling. But other than that there's a noticeable lack of actual kids singing for something called Kidz Bop.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Some of the cover songs on the recent We Love Disney album are just really bad.

This is one of them:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe I never brought this up in this thread, but Smash Mouth's cover of "I'm a Believer" totally smashes The Monkees' original.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had no idea that Johnny Rivers's "The Seventh Son" was actually a cover, because it was the only version I had ever heard, but after hearing the original version for the first time tonight, I have to say Johnny's version is so much better than the original: his cover is lively, catchy, energetic . . . the original version lacks all of these qualities and then some.