The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, this is a guy who only listens to the radio in his car, and it's on a classic rock station.
Classic rock (which I used to love back in the 80's/90's) has become so boring. Every group or singer has been reduced to three songs. When they used to have listeners call in requests, it got so predictable "Yeah, I wanna hear some Zeppelin. Play 'Stairway!!!!!!'"
Stairway to Heaven used to be a decent song. But 20 years of overexposure on the radio killed it.
Meanwhile there are other Zep songs that are just as good that never see the light of day.

That's why Sirius XM is so much better. Right now I'm glued to the Beatles channel. Instead of skimming the obvious stuff, they dig deep and find the most obscure outtakes and demos. Keeps things from getting boring.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah I know that feeling. I tried doing requests for WZLX and could never reach them. :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Requests?

Well, I remember asking them to play Sgt Peppers/With a Little Help by the Beatles and they never got back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Keeps things from getting boring.
Regular broadcast radio is getting boring: the same songs day in and day out. There's an oldies station that I enjoy really well because they're not just strictly 60s and early 70s rock like most oldies stations, but they also include old 50s rockabilly, 70s soul and disco, and even 80s pop - a much better variety than most stations.

Unfortunately, Comcast/xfinity's Music Choice channels are growing increasingly repetitive - especially their holiday playlists on their Sounds of the Seasons channel.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
So...

Am I the only one who actually liked Out of Jimmy's Head? I mean, it wasn't a great show, but it was okay in my opinion.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yes.

No, in seriousness, you probably aren't. I personally thought the show was cheesey.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one that wasn't grossed out from Supersize Me?

I mean yeah, it's got some nasty moments (the man getting surgery comes in mind), but I can casually eat a sandwich while watching Morgan throw up in the McDonald's parking lot.