Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Anywho, a few years ago I went to my local library to check out some books on the Muppets/puppetry in general and I checked out a book on Carroll Spinney. Overall, it was a great book except for the fact that they kept on calling him Carroll Sweeney! :embarrassed:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
From the "Blarney Home Video" clip from Dinosaurs on YT...
"This is the voice of Ernie on Sesame Street"
"Steve Whitmore?"
Ugh, this has been discussed before. Steve Whitmire is a puppeteer, not just a voice actor.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, just saying "this is the voice of" doesn't necessarily mean they're referencing him as a voice actor....

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
True. But the guy who replied to him misspelled Steve's name as you can see.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I was reading reviews for The Happytime Murders, and one of them erroneously stated that Jim Henson created Sesame Street.

Yes, he created the puppets for it, but not the show itself.

LStein

Reaction score
Man, I really hate that they got rid of all the adult characters on Avenue Street. Mary, Louis, Suzette, Jordan, Bop, Jenny- those guys were my childhood. :frown:
Why would somebody misname them AND the show like that??!?!:concern::mad::rolleyes::confused::grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was reading reviews for The Happytime Murders, and one of them erroneously stated that Jim Henson created Sesame Street.

Yes, he created the puppets for it, but not the show itself.
That's a common misconception that, in a sense, you kind of have to give people the benefit of the doubt for . . . I mean, when you really stop and think about it, if it wasn't for Jim Henson and the Muppets, we may never have had SS - or, at the very least, the SS we've come to know and love for the past nearly five decades.