What would you like to see in the proposed 2019 Muppets series?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So, if you hadn't heard, in 2019 the Muppets are supposedly having a new Muppet series on Disney's new streaming platform. What do you want to happen in the new series? A continuation of the 2015 series, a revamp of the Muppet Show, or a completely new idea? Will it introduce new characters or just keep the new ones? Will it feature guest stars?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

I personally think they should completely come up with a new idea for the show, even though a continuation of the 2015 series would be cool to see.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Release it on a different platform, even if it's Disney Channel, so people who don't have Disney's streaming service can see it.

2. Bring in actual Muppet people to get involved with the development of the series.

3. Let the performers actually have some input on creative decisions - something both Steve and Frank say has been lacking.

4. Don't try to make the Muppets into something they're not; just let them do their own thing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Like what someone else up there said ^ I want Muppet people to be involved and for the performers to have more input. But, as for the actual premise, I would like to see something like a combination of the 2015 series and The Muppet Show. Maybe have one or two sketches in each episode while the rest of the show is backstage hijinks. It could be like the backstage plots from The Muppet Show, but the plots could have more time to develop and it would allow for the characters to have some great scenes together. And maybe, for a slight change of pace they could have episodes that take place outside of the theater about specific characters. Like, maybe in one episode can be about Kermit visiting his family in the swamp, while another could be about Gonzo and Camilla going on a really bizarre date.
There was a lot of other stuff from the last series that I liked - for instance, Uncle Deadly being the sassy, mellow dramatic hair dresser, or the additions of Gloria Estefan Penguin, Chip, and Yolanda. Janice has a slightly more defined personality, Miss Piggy got a lot of development. Plus, recently we got some really cute interactions with Walter and Robin - I loved that; of course it might be hard to continue that considering both are now played by Peter Linz. There are so many possibilities, and if the writers experiment while still letting the characters be themselves, this could be one of the best things they've ever done.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
More musical numbers, no Chelsea handler, or any other guest stars that don't fit the family friendly image. And no story lines like the ones from the 2015 show. and piggy's diva personality toned down to a minimum, Like it was during the muppet show days .

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Maybe see Kermit do a tap dance like he did in The Muppets Take The Bowl. Sorry, I couldn't resist.