Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Replace the asteriks in the URL with 1,000 Eye's home away from home.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And you wonder why I tagged who I did the other day? :stick_out_tongue:

https://wokesloth.com/this-priest-c...hem-to-get-the-****-out-of-his-church/mariam/

See, this is one of the main reasons why people are turning away from churches, God, and religion altogether.
Once again, like you do with most incidents, you take an obscure incident by a stupid priest and broadly apply it to all churches, God and religion. If somebody does something stupid at a McDonalds do we condemn ALL fast food joints? If a doctor does something stupid do we condemn ALL hospitals? Seriously, where does it all end? Or does it just begin and end with religion, Republicans, whites, etc. ?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay.

Basically, a black family were having a funeral for their mother at a Catholic church where the mother had been baptized as a kid (as per her request), and apparently one of the attendees accidentally knocked over a chalice, so the priest kicked them all out - including the deceased - and called the cops on them.

At the least the police took the family to another funeral home in another county to finish the service, but that was pretty uncool of the priest. The Catholic Church has since apologized though.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, never mind, found it!

But yeah, he does have a point. I mean, that's pretty much overgeneralizing every single church.

Plus, didn't you say yourself the left isn't supposed to act that way? :search:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, like you do with most incidents, you take an obscure incident by a stupid priest and broadly apply it to all churches, God and religion.
Incidents like this are why people are turning away from religion. That's the point. Incidents like this aren't obscure at all, nor are they even really isolated, they happen a lot more frequently than you may think, and it's incidents like this that paint false representations of religion as being some form of a hate-mongering cult, and that God is some sort of a hateful, spiteful deity, and that to be a Christian means you have to be disrespectful toward certain groups of people. Again, this incident is an example of that very thing, and this is why it's driving people away from religion.
If somebody does something stupid at a McDonalds do we condemn ALL fast food joints?
And I'm the one who exaggerates?
If a doctor does something stupid do we condemn ALL hospitals?
Well, look at all the doctors and hospitals that have had absolutely no qualms about turning people away because of "Obamacare." Too many doctors in the medical profession today go against their Hippocratic Oath, and are only in the profession to collect fees; if patients aren't going to fill their wallets, they'll be turned away. And after "Obamacare" went into effect, many doctors actually refused to see specific patients who voted for Obama, or supported "Obamacare." Not to mention, look at all of the Americans who end up going bankrupt just trying to pay for their healthcare, or their medical bills . . . don't forget, I lost my healthcare this year because I couldn't afford a price hike from $20 a month to $536 a month.
Seriously, where does it all end?
It ends when this country gets it act together and stops $#!++ing on people for the color of their skin, or their sexuality, or the accent they speak with, or the country their family comes from. That's where it ends.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Incidents like this are why people are turning away from religion. That's the point. Incidents like this aren't obscure at all, nor are they even really isolated, they happen a lot more frequently than you may think, and it's incidents like this that paint false representations of religion as being some form of a hate-mongering cult, and that God is some sort of a hateful, spiteful deity, and that to be a Christian means you have to be disrespectful toward certain groups of people. Again, this incident is an example of that very thing, and this is why it's driving people away from religion.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Greetings! I’m not really back from my hiatus and I don’t know when that will be. But until then, I need to get a few things off my chest. I’m proud of this thread. Not everybody is participating in the spirit of mutual respect, but it’s better than I ever could have hoped for.

That said, I don’t really feel a need to comment for a while. This’ll be it for a bit. I’ve got lots going on and so little time. I’m not wasting one bit. I feel like I created a good thing here and it’s best for my baby to walk on its own without any helicopter parenting. This thread is all yours to do with it what you will.

This is a bit more blunt than respectful, but it’s not pointed at anyone in particular. It’s just a tone I continually get and try as I might, I just can’t justify my time conversing with people throwing bombs under the cloak of anonymity (particularly one who once purposely-potentially, and with capricious reasons, jeopardized my standing with a real client while that member stayed anonymous). It was a while back, but I've got to be smarter than that. I respect the choice of hiding behind a screen name. This is the creepy internet, but I personally don’t agree with it. I’m old fashioned. I believe a man or woman should stand proudly behind their words and that’s that. That's actually what saved me with that particular client. They shared that with me recently. Other people have their reasons that I will never know because, well, the anonymity, of course. Out of respect for this anonymous passive-aggressive person (who showed so very little respect to me) I will not say their name, but they are definitely here at the forum sometimes. I'm classy like that and that person is so incredibly young and green that they probably didn't know any better. At least, that's how I choose to see it.

I'm not just ducking and running. I still need clear up one last question about the SCOTUS ruling against organized labor. Unions are at their knees in this country these days. They began as a noble effort that actually helped all workers – even nonunion workers – get fairer pay and better treatment. That is fact. Any weakening of them these days weakens the entire United States work force. How do I know this? My father, a retired attorney, was a renowned hatchet man against unions. Insanely successful! I lived and breathed his cases for my 18 years under his roof. He even argued a SCOTUS case and lost 5/4 on a similar issue. I was the only child of his who went or wanted to go see him argue the case. Imagine that! I was a mushy headed teenager then and didn’t quite get the verdict. In time, I knew it was morally right for him to lose the case. Back then, the only justice I was impressed by was Scalia! Yeah, that nasty turd who believes that being gay should still be illegal because they should know that it’s wrong. F’ck him! But he was the only one paying attention. Most of those justices are ASLEEP! No lie! Don’t worry. They record everything. I just found it extremely disrespectful, but I almost dozed off too. I love my Dad and love my family. They share similar politics to people on this forum. So, yeah, they’re wrong too. Wocka! America needs a better minimum wage, more benefits and stronger unions, not weaker ones! None of us has lived in a country without them. Half of this country would be starving now if not for the unions’ influence. They have their corrupt bits too, but it’s nothing compared to soulless corporate greed. Not by a mile. The chasm between rich and poor is growing so wide so fast and the middle class is falling into it. We need better democrats and independents to stop it because the republicans sure as h’ll won’t do it. They're mostly either rich or believe they will be one day. Or maybe there are a few noble ones who care about blue collar jobs enough to put their vote where their mouth is. Forward me an article when that happens! The joke’s going to be on some of them one day unless we figure out a solution. And there you go. For any further inquiries, I refer you to my attorney, my Dad, and he'll probably agree with you, but admit that it does weaken collective bargaining. He'll also say a rising tide raises all boats, but we know that's a crock of sh't. Some adages never die.

But that's family and they mean something to me. I just can't dedicate much time arguing with strangers without looking at them in the eye or knowing their first name. There are many important people in my life. Anyone truly important to me, even some of the anonymous people here, are also in contact with me other ways. Some of them told me their names, some don't know that I know who they are already (by the way, I've pretty much figured out who most people here are already, but again, classiness).

I also no longer feel the need to explain why supporting a racist regime makes a person racist (or okay with racism) by proxy. It just f’ing does! I have no need to explain why it’s gross for white people to argue with other white people about whether or not the general public, including cops, are harder on people of color than they are on white people. It just f’ing is! Either help or shut the h'll up! I have no need to fight over technicalities when our government is putting kids of color in cages away from their families. It’s the f’ing truth!

Our world is no longer populated by red states and blue states. It’s mostly filled with a putrid Trump Orange and Obama Purple with a few radical Bernie Blue nuts that won’t give up the ghost that he’s too radical for the Orange and Purple of America. Ugly, but true. That’s where we are now. There are very few true Red Republicans these days. They're as endangered as the elephant. Many of them defected to MSNBC and we all know how useless that is because republicans don’t watch it (and probably for good reason). There are also the religious nuts who want to control everybody's life and body. Yeah. F'ck those people. Abortion is awful. Wanna know what's worse? Illegal abortion that kills both the parent and the fetus. Truth bomb with my name attached. I stand by every single word of that. Religious nuts need to focus on their own unhappy, unhinged, crumbling lives and keep their eyes on their own paper, but it's so much easier to worry about other people's problems. That's why I'm now focusing on my own and my friends. Again, this is just a hiatus. I hate even typing this, but it’s the stark reality and things don’t get better until people admit their sh’t.

I admit, at times, I even begun to delve into overreaching and some, dare I say, hyperbole? But that’s not me. That’s not where I want to be. Be the change you want to see. I'm cocky and blunt with just a teeny smidge of class (I can't claim more class that that on account of my brutal humor). That’s where I am and that’s where I’m staying. Do I hate Trump’s version of America. H’ll yeah! If’s f’ing ugly. In all honesty, I know he promised the moon to people who wanted to hear it and that jack'ss will nominate conservative judges, but the rest of him so fiercely racist, sexist, cruel, and homophobic that it reveals much about the heart of someone who’d vote for him. I’m sure many people defended their vote by deadening that part of their heart and I don’t doubt it. But just the fact that they chose to deaden it speaks volumes. It's no excuse. Hash. But that’s why I can no longer really be here much. I just can’t. But y’all are doing amazingly well without my intrusions and I mean that. Not in an arrogant way. Well, maybe a little, but that’s how I do. It’s part of what makes me successful in life. It’s also infuriating! I get it. This is as respectful as I can be at the moment, so it makes sense for me to take a break with the real people who love my crazya'ss so much that they were willing to put up with typing this on my phone while they're waiting to spend time with me. OMG MY THUMBS!!!!!

So, peace! Love y’all. Well, most of y’all. The rest can suck an egg. Kidding! I’ll be back when I’m back, I guess.

Here are a few DayJobDoodles to tie you over because we're really all just here for the Muppets, right? Oh, and the Fuzzy guy. He's a character I designed for my friend MC Crumbsnatcher's new video 100,000 MPH. He's a gay rapper so the language is, well, it makes even me blush. But it's drag queens in outer space. Brave people, YouTube it. The rest of y'all, well, life is for the brave. WOCKA! :embarrassed:

Buhbye!

Last edited: