Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now here's an awesome TMNT Summer Short that Nick has going on, this time focusing on a weird new group of turtle fighters called the Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles. The art style looks like a fusion of the Fred Wolf and 4Kids series, which is cool. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So as it turns out, apparently Irma never had an official last name, because they felt it wasn't necessary to give her one since she wasn't quite a major character anyway.

Now I have to wonder where did "Langinstein" come from, and how did it end up becoming canon (or I guess fanon)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't remember if I asked this before or not, but it strikes me as interesting: within the franchise, Casey Jones is a key ally to the Turtles, right? And, for the most part, he's played a significant role in various different TMNT entries in the franchise . . . except for the 80s cartoon, where I believe he was only in, what, two or three episodes? And they made him something of a Clint Eastwood expy? Anybody know what that was all about?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I can't remember if I asked this before or not, but it strikes me as interesting: within the franchise, Casey Jones is a key ally to the Turtles, right? And, for the most part, he's played a significant role in various different TMNT entries in the franchise . . . except for the 80s cartoon, where I believe he was only in, what, two or three episodes? And they made him something of a Clint Eastwood expy? Anybody know what that was all about?
Casey's backstory was that of a one-note parody of vigilantes in the Mirage comics rather than the vengeful crime fighter we would know him better for, and that pretty much carried over into the Fred Wolf series (parts of it seem to inspire his Nickelodeon incarnation, too).

As for his criminally (no pun intended) limited appearance? Your guess is as good as mine.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Here's what Rise of the TMNT will look like.

https://www.cbr.com/rise-teenage-mutant-ninja-turles-image/

Seems like it will be a soft reboot or some alternate universe thing seeing as how the Turtles will be using magic more often, and there's mention of a new John Cena-voiced lead villain. And April was given a race lift, though she could be back to being an adult. Plus, I'm getting some bad Loonatics vibes from the spiky art style.

Not writing it off completely, but after how well the last series ended and how dark it got overall, I'm not going to go out of my watch this one.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I have my own idea for a t.v. series of the TMNT, in case anybody interested.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know I’ve brought this up at a number for places, I probably have on the forum somewhere (don’t feel like Looking through 47 pages of posts in this thread right now).

I’ve mentioned a few times that it’s odd that it took so long for them to make a figure of Krang’s Android body that was in the right scale to the other figures (I feel like the normal-sized one came around the time that the body stopped appearing in the show).

But the other night I was watching the Netflix Toys That Made Us episode on TMNT, and I think I might now know why it took so long.

It was said that they wanted Shredder to be a lot taller, but they made him shorter because he wouldn’t be able to fit in the blister pack. And Krang’s Android body, even when not grown into a giant, is a bit tall.

Could they have avoided it for so long because he would not fit in the regular blister pack? Though they eventually did make one, I am not sure if it looks too short when standing next to the others and don’t recall if the blister packaging changed by then.

I’ve also been interested recently in which figures and play sets/vehicles sold the best, ifthere is any info out there (Inhave asked Google but got nothing). And I am more interested in the best selling figures that came out from 1988-1996. I figure probably the standard versions of one of the main four. But could a variant or later figure have sold a lot better?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Despite my lack of love for cartoon series involving heavy use of action-adventure format, I think the original run of TMNT from 1987 through 1996 was the best in terms of art. I would think the 2003 reboot was okay, but not great. Subsequent incarnations were downright horrible. And April O'Neil looked hot in the original series. I don't know why the original series has never been reran since last aired on Teletoon Retro in Canada around 2015 (when the network was discontinued). I think all of the episodes in the original series, except for one, was great.

I also enjoy the 30-second "Turtle Tips" segments which aired exclusively on CBS and were designed to educate the young viewers on how to protect the environment.

Fun Fact: Did you know that Renae Jacobs, the original voice of April O'Neil, was a contestant on the NBC version of the game show Sale of the Century two years before her role as April?

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of the big criticisms of the first Nintendo Entertainment System game is that Krang does not appear. But today I read in a TMNT Facebook group that they developed the game before the show premiered in Japan, and didn't have much to go by outside of the show bible.

I wonder how far along in development of the series was when they started work on the game. Most of the first season is before Krang has his body. I wonder if the series bible had a section on Krang, or if it did but did not include the body. Until his body was built, it seems Krang would have been limited as a boss, so maybe that's why he was left out.

Though now I realize that the series premiered in 1987 and the game came out in 1989. Still, it's possible the series bible used did not get updated yet. Perhaps that's why the first Krang figure did not include his body (though it did have that bubble walker, which did not appear on the series until after the body was built).