The Muppets Take London

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy have no relationship no connection whatsoever. I mean even when they "broke up" there was still a connection and they could bounce off of each other very well. In this is was just awkward, and the interviewer was just insult to injury.
I don't care how well Matt sounds he has got to get a better grip on the relationship between Kermit and the other characters.
I think The chemistry of Kermit and Miss piggy was damaged ever since the 2015 show ended. We've been stuck on a cliffhanger for 2 years

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy have no relationship no connection whatsoever. I mean even when they "broke up" there was still a connection and they could bounce off of each other very well. In this is was just awkward, and the interviewer was just insult to injury.
I don't care how well Matt sounds he has got to get a better grip on the relationship between Kermit and the other characters.
I do see what you’re saying. Though to be fair, Matt is still settling into the role. Steve imo took a good 5 years to really settle into Kermit, so I didn’t expect him to fit in perfectly at first. Still, we know Matt and Eric have good chemistry with each other - just take a look at Piggy and Deadly!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do see what you’re saying. Though to be fair, Matt is still settling into the role. Steve imo took a good 5 years to really settle into Kermit, so I didn’t expect him to fit in perfectly at first. Still, we know Matt and Eric have good chemistry with each other - just take a look at Piggy and Deadly!
I think Matt has to much on his plate character wise, andin the end that's going to only hurt the characters. It's not like when Jim passed away and Steve only had Rizzo and Bean Bunny. Matt has a huge role at Sesame, and he just started getting into Jerry's classic Muppet Show characters. Now I know Robin was recast, but what about the others are they to going to have to be recast?

I see what your saying about Steve taking 5 years to fully get into Kermit, but even in Chrimas Carol and Treasure Island Kermit and Piggy still had cimistry. Which next to Kermit and Fozzie's relationship is one of the key parts of Kermit's character. Now for a long time even as greattach as Steve and Eric were with Kermit and Piggy Kermit and Fozzie have really not been what it could be.

I know that for some none of this makes any sense, but I honestly and whole heartily belive these characters and most importantly there relationships with one another.

Luke

Reaction score
Apparently Rizzo is back in the shows this weekend! :shifty:

Those Kermit & Piggy press junkets were awkward (it wasn't just CNBC, they did others for regional news), I doubt they had much time to prepare for them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Apparently Rizzo is back in the shows this weekend! :shifty:

Those Kermit & Piggy press junkets were awkward (it wasn't just CNBC, they did others for regional news), I doubt they had much time to prepare for them.
Wel.... I thought Rizzo would be in this seeing as how him and Gonzo had the most interactions with Kevin Bishop. Any word on who he was recast to? This recast may be tougher on fans then Kermit was....

As for the interviews, one of the fun things the prefomers would do is ad lib during those. Which would really give a chance for the characters to truly shine. The interaction between Kermit and Piggy was just flat.

Luke

Reaction score
No idea who he's been recast to yet .. will keep my eye on who is under him :wink:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I think Matt has to much on his plate character wise, andin the end that's going to only hurt the characters. It's not like when Jim passed away and Steve only had Rizzo and Bean Bunny. Matt has a huge role at Sesame, and he just started getting into Jerry's classic Muppet Show characters. Now I know Robin was recast, but what about the others are they to going to have to be recast?

I see what your saying about Steve taking 5 years to fully get into Kermit, but even in Chrimas Carol and Treasure Island Kermit and Piggy still had cimistry. Which next to Kermit and Fozzie's relationship is one of the key parts of Kermit's character. Now for a long time even as greattach as Steve and Eric were with Kermit and Piggy Kermit and Fozzie have really not been what it could be.

I know that for some none of this makes any sense, but I honestly and whole heartily belive these characters and most importantly there relationships with one another.
No, no, I definitely get what you're saying! I agree that Kermit and Piggy weren't completely great together in that interview, I'm just saying that I think it'll take time for them to develop together. Remember, Eric has never played Piggy against anyone other than Steve, so maybe that affects it some way? I honestly don't know. I'm just hopeful that we'll look back on this one day and laugh at the notion of Eric's Piggy and Matt's Kermit not having good chemistry with one another.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire said himself that it took him years to get Rizzo'a voice and I cannot see anybody doing that type of character