Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
But why is the qualifier necessary? Why not just refer to him/her as a comedian? Why is it necessary to say black comedian or Jewish comedian?

You kind of made your own point with Carol Burnett and Bob Newhart. You don't refer to her as a woman comedian. You consider her just as a comedian. You don't refer to Bob Newhart as a catholic comedian. You simply refer to him as a comedian. So then, why do you feel it is necessary to refer to Jerry Sienfeld as a Jewish comedian?

I wouldn't consider you a bigot for doing so but it does reveal a little bit of racism in you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also, on another note:

I just watched some old footage of a high speed chase on Most Shocking of a black man who robbed a store and got taken out from a spin after dangerously driving on the wrong side of the road.

If this were reported today? I could easily see the media being like "Innocent black man was unfairly taken down by cops after purchasing items from a store" and the extreme left libs would nod in agreement.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So then, why do you feel it is necessary to refer to Jerry Sienfeld as a Jewish comedian?

I wouldn't consider you a bigot for doing so but it does reveal a little bit of racism in you.
You miss the point. I said Andy Griffith is to us what Jerry Seinfeld is to New York Jews, in that Griffith is the comedic face of southerns much in the way Seinfeld is the comedic face of New York Jews. I fail to see how pointing that out and making that comparison somehow makes me a bigot or racist.