Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4835 - The Count's Counting Error

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4835 - The Count's Counting Error
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 14, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday February 18, 2019

When The Count makes a counting mistake, he makes sure it never happens again by trying to find another job, but soon finds out that many other jobs include counting, too. Guest star: Laurie Hernandez.

This episode features a new street story, a "Game of Thrones" parody ("Game of Chairs") and Elmo's World ("Counting").

If you saw "The Count's Counting Error" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Although I'm pretty used to Matt's Count by now, today I could hear what some have been saying about his voice sounding like a smoker's voice. But it was fun to see Count in a street story, and IIRC, this isn't the first time there was a street story focused on him making a counting mistake, is it?

I couldn't quite tell who was performing Mrs. Moody and the construction worker, but it sounded like either of them were either Leslie or Jen, but I do believe that was Stephanie doing the astronaut. I also liked how Mr. Hopper was actually recycled from Preston Rabbit.

I also enjoyed how distracted Grover was in trying to count Laurie Hernandez's cartwheels. But somebody remind me not to play musical chairs when he's around - he's a bit of a liability.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I guess it's nice that the Count finally got a feature role; it's probably been like 15+ years since he's been anything but a supporting player (due to Jerry's health and all). I don't know why they're not taking more advantage of it now. (Also, when we gonna get some Two-Headed Monster plots?)

If this story had like 5+ more minutes to it, it could've been better. I did like the bit with Grover, and the crayon animation. The number stuff has really been the most consistently good thing since the format change.

I'm gonna be honest: I think going forward, I'm just gonna have to lower my expectations. I'm not digging the rapid, sloppy-paced stories, sidelining of characters, the music isn't as strong as it was even just a few years ago (just looking at the tracks I've made for this season's album, there's very few tracks I'd label as "good") and I'm sick of these "non-letter-letter shorts." I'll keep watching, of course, but I think I'm done expecting anything...well, "good."

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was great to see the Count be a main character in a street story again. Since D'Snowth is curious, Leslie was both Miss Moody and the construction worker and Stephanie was in fact the astronaut. Also Marty was Mr. Hopper. The bit with Laurie Hernandez was fun, particularly the end when Grover realized his phone was in selfie mode. I'd say it's about time they use the Game of Thrones parody again.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It was great to see the Count be a main character in a street story again. Since D'Snowth is curious, Leslie was both Miss Moody and the construction worker and Stephanie was in fact the astronaut. Also Marty was Mr. Hopper. The bit with Laurie Hernandez was fun, particularly the end when Grover realized his phone was in selfie mode. I'd say it's about time they use the Game of Thrones parody again.
Mr. Hooper?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know why they're not taking more advantage of it now.
Probably because Matt's got a ton of other responsibilities with both SS and the Muppets right now?
Since D'Snowth is curious, Leslie was both Miss Moody and the construction worker and Stephanie was in fact the astronaut. Also Marty was Mr. Hopper.
I thought that was Marty. If that was, indeed, Leslie, then that's perhaps the most "different" I've heard her voice yet.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Probably because Matt's got a ton of other responsibilities with both SS and the Muppets right now?
Well, they all pretty much do; Eric, Matt, David. We've seen no shortage of Cookie Monster, even with the movies and series they were doing; where was the Count at?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe so, but unlike Eric and David, doesn't Matt have a lot of extra behind-the-scenes responsibilities consuming his time as well?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Maybe so, but unlike Eric and David, doesn't Matt have a lot of extra behind-the-scenes responsibilities consuming his time as well?
I believe he is Muppet captain and taking on some directing responsibility as well.